Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Batfan175 wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 4:35 pm
Or maybe treat it like what it actually is: a tv show and not the end of the world and that neither one of the writers deserve to be shunned and excommunicated from society for making a tv show you just happened to dislike?
I agree, they don't deserve that. Death penalty now :judge:
Besides, it doesn't fall apart. All the necessary building blocks were there for several seasons. People can say "it's not the ending, it's the execution" all they want. People liked it when the show denied them what they wanted...until the final season when all of a sudden, Jon should have killed the NK instead of Arya or Jaime should have done X instead of Y, etc. They liked it when the show subverted their expectations but when the show finally revealed its plans for Dany's role in the story that's when everyone shut up about wanting subversive fantasy. "The food is bad but also there's not enough of it" is how I call that kind of discourse. Again, it's easier to say 'the writing's bad' than to admit 'I was wrong about the story and the characters'.
Saying that everyone who dislikes season 8 is wrong is just arrogant. But that's nothing new coming from you. People have many more criticisms than those few you picked.

Batfan175 wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 4:35 pm
Nistopher Colon wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 4:17 pm
Let me translate to english: "It doesn't fall apart if you only don't think about it too much!"
Or maybe treat it like what it actually is: a tv show and not the end of the world and that neither one of the writers deserve to be shunned and excommunicated from society for making a tv show you just happened to dislike?

Besides, it doesn't fall apart. All the necessary building blocks were there for several seasons. People can say "it's not the ending, it's the execution" all they want. People liked it when the show denied them what they wanted...until the final season when all of a sudden, Jon should have killed the NK instead of Arya or Jaime should have done X instead of Y, etc. They liked it when the show subverted their expectations but when the show finally revealed its plans for Dany's role in the story that's when everyone shut up about wanting subversive fantasy. "The food is bad but also there's not enough of it" is how I call that kind of discourse. Again, it's easier to say 'the writing's bad' than to admit 'I was wrong about the story and the characters'.

Folks, you think I was obnoxious and immune to critical opinion during BvS days? Wait til you see this guy!

And. 👏 It. 👏 Never. 👏 Stops. 👏

The Game of Thrones Finale Script is Out (For Emmy Consideration) And Opinions Have Somehow Even Lowered - from reddit, the excerpts are out and they are hilarious:

This is not a drill, I repeat, this is not a drill, but an actual piece of the script!

Yara didn’t respond... because she was too scared of Arya?!
http://m.imgur.com/JaWMyBD?r

Also, Drogon accidentally burned the throne. Apparently he was ‘clumsy’.

What a joke.

Reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/
The script: https://m.emmys.com/sites/default/files ... one%20.pdf
Last edited by m4st4 on August 1st, 2019, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

the drogon stuff is bullshit, but everyone freaking out about clearly an in-joke for the cast and crew reading the script is a bit much.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 2:40 am
the drogon stuff is bullshit, but everyone freaking out about clearly an in-joke for the cast and crew reading the script is a bit much.

-Vader
Because said script will never be presented to the public and nominated for the best scriptwriting of the year?

it's just a joke and not some artistic flourish, I really don't get the big deal lol

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 2:44 am
it's just a joke and not some artistic flourish, I really don't get the big deal lol

-Vader
That’s cool. For a shooting script.

But have some class if you’re going to present this as a prime example of scriptwriting for the entire year. Or don’t nominate it, save some face in front of actual artistic accomplishments in scriptwriting this year.

they just got the record for most nominations ever and the show broke insane viewership records and they're about to work on the biggest film franchise in the world that isn't the MCU

i uh, don't think they're worried about "saving face"

-Vader

m4st4 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 2:46 am
Vader182 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 2:44 am

-Vader
That’s cool. For a shooting script.

But have some class if you’re going to present this as a prime example of scriptwriting for the entire year. Or don’t nominate it, save some face in front of actual artistic accomplishments in scriptwriting this year.
You haven’t even watched the show lol.
Last edited by Allstar on August 1st, 2019, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vader182 wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 2:50 am
they just got the record for most nominations ever and the show broke insane viewership records and they're about to work on the biggest film franchise in the world that isn't the MCU

i uh, don't think they're worried about "saving face"

-Vader
Heh. Kings of the world, right? ;)

Funny, how they dropped that SDCC panel exactly one day before it was announced it will be the final GOT panel, leaving the entire cast to deal with one of the most awkward ‘please guys, don’t be rude mkay’ outings in a good while. They weren’t trying to save face there, just two guys being too cool for school amirite?

Look, they’re clearly not worried about anything at this point, that much is clear. But take a good script in your hand, get a good look at how words are supposed to be thrown together, and tell me this is right there for the big prize. Hell, it’s not even a high school level, they literally address Dany with ‘her satanic majesty’. GRRM this is not.

But defend away. In some other case, this would be a solid ammunition against the guys.