Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
antovolk wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 9:42 am
misho92 wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 4:53 am
So if the trailer doesn't get rated by Monday/Tuesday, we should probably expect it with IT Chapter 2... right?
*by next Thurs/Fri.

gropercity wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 11:24 pm
antovolk wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 9:42 am
misho92 wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 4:53 am
So if the trailer doesn't get rated by Monday/Tuesday, we should probably expect it with IT Chapter 2... right?
*by next Thurs/Fri.
He's referring to the rating. The trailers get rated about a week or so before release. If it's not rated by this weekend or early next week it's safe to say it won't be with Hobbs and Shaw. IT would be the next most likely movie. My money would be on Hobbs and Shaw simply going on Nolan/WB history.
And I'm referring to the rating too. They can be rated a day before the release, just as long as it's before it plays in cinemas (so by Thursday)

I've booked tickets for Hobbs & Show for friday. Will inform if they drop some teaser! :D

They really would drop a teaser for this movie without further notice?

Refer to Antovolk's post. It must be rated before it actually plays in cinemas so we'd probably know about it's existence a bit earlier than the screenings.

I highly doubt we'll see anything before It Chapter 2. Dunkirk's teaser came out at the start of August, but they also started shooting several weeks earlier than Tenet. And Dunkirk has a lot shorter script while Tenet seems way more convoluted to make, both in production and in post.

True. But remember, I think most of the shots in the Dunkirk teaser were from one day of shooting (or even days apart, but shot on the same location). The Tallinn shoot is not just Laagna road. They shot a good amount of footage. A small clip from a scene could work as teaser. It doesn't have to cover a good chunk of the film (montage).

The teaser's job is to spike interest towards the film and a teaser this early is almost as an official announcement to movie goers. It doesn't have to give anything away.

Sanchez wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 7:02 am
I highly doubt we'll see anything before It Chapter 2. Dunkirk's teaser came out at the start of August, but they also started shooting several weeks earlier than Tenet. And Dunkirk has a lot shorter script while Tenet seems way more convoluted to make, both in production and in post.
Dunkirk started shooting on May 23, Tenet on May 22.

Opinion: The teaser will have at least one shot of
cars driving backwards as seen in Set Photos/Videos
Nothing sells "massive, innovative action blockbuster" like that

2 months worth of shots is enough for a teaser... trust me. Most of these blockbusters have a shooting schedule of 4-5months, which means Tenet has about 40% of the film shot by now.