Stranger Things (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I still have to get my thoughts together and go through the recent posts in this thread but season 3 finale was so touching and heartbreaking.
Then entire season we see the characters dealing with change, growing up, moving on and other milestones that represent leaving childhood behind and moving on into adulthood. It all culminated perfectly into one scene where we see Joyce and her family moving out.

I also loved the homages it paid to classic horror movies of the 80s. A lot of the imagery and even monster design managed to be original while still paying respects to it's predecessors. And can we talk about how Nancy was framed in her scenes in the hospital? She was badass in a pink dress and I loved it.

Robin's coming out was pretty great and I loved Steve's reaction to it. And it means a lot because the 80s were not kind to the gay community. It also shows how much Steve has matured. How easy would it have been for him to make some crude joke and view her sexuality through a male gaze?
Those are my thoughts so far but man I loved it. Oh and uh Suzie sucks.

Suzie does not suck. :blank:

How can u hate Suzie?

poplar wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 4:50 am
How can u hate Suzie?
How can you really like either? She's kinda a nothing character.

that song too up a chunk of time and Hopper might have still been alive. And she was also annoying. Like Suzie, ur man tried to contact you for HOURS and you didn't pick up for HOURS. You don't get to be mad like that smh.

Artemis wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 7:02 am
that song too up a chunk of time and Hopper might have still been alive. And she was also annoying. Like Suzie, ur man tried to contact you for HOURS and you didn't pick up for HOURS. You don't get to be mad like that smh.
yeah lmao
if they didn't take a million years to sing that fucking song both hopper and possibly even billy could have been alive. i don't hate suzie, but uh she simultaneously saved and ruined everything. although i'm pretty sure now hopper is still alive. i don't really care for her, so idk if i'd want her to appear in the next season(s)

Artemis wrote:
That's a fair point. But, she demand on singing Never ending story ffs. That's great. Can't help it, sorry guys.

Ruth wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 7:13 am
Artemis wrote:
yeah lmao
if they didn't take a million years to sing that fucking song both hopper and possibly even billy could have been alive. i don't hate suzie, but uh she simultaneously saved and ruined everything. although i'm pretty sure now hopper is still alive. i don't really care for her, so idk if i'd want her to appear in the next season(s)
Really hope Dustin dumps her ass.
And fuck I want more Billy now. Billy and Steve babysitting the kids and fighting evil. Now that's an image we'll never get and IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF SUZIE AND HER SONG SMH

Artemis wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 7:32 am
Ruth wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 7:13 am
Artemis wrote:
yeah lmao
Really hope Dustin dumps her ass.
And fuck I want more Billy now. Billy and Steve babysitting the kids and fighting evil. Now that's an image we'll never get and IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF SUZIE AND HER SONG SMH
Same. I strongly disliked Steve in S1, then suddenly I love him so much, and I first hated Billy too, but like UGH why do the duffers need to introduce us to douchey awful guys and then make us feel for them lmao. Fucking Suzie.

Suzie saved the freaking world, come on.