The Eternals (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Skyab23 wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 1:55 pm
it doesn't come across as organic or legitimate.
So should they, like add one gay character every 10 years to make it feel more organic and legitimate?

If you don't have a problem with gay characters, then why would it matter even if they made the whole cast of Eternals gay? Again, if you don't mind gay characters, it shouldn't bother you, right? Just like I wouldn't care if the whole cast of Eternals was straight, because I also don't have a problem with straight people.

Skyab23 wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 1:55 pm
Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 3:06 am
i want to see if skylab can consider any of what we've said
I don't have any issue whatsoever with gay representation in films. I have never stated anything to the contrary. I simply look at it from a different perspective because it feels as though these studios are attempting to correct decades of misrepresentation in one fell swoop and it doesn't come across as organic or legitimate.

My view may be the minority view on this forum but it's not as uncommon as you may think. And no, just because you believe studios are shoehorning this into movies doesn't make you sexist or homophobic or any other phobic that is trendy nowadays.

And what did I post that made people fly off the rails? When I posted the laughing emoji with the "she is looking for her queen" quote? I would put the laughing emoji for any description of a movie remotely related to that because it sounds dopey. "He is looking for his Queen," "He is looking for his King." Dopey af.

Let me reiterate one more time: I am not homophobic. You will not find a post on this forum of me ever criticizing gay people or any other minority. I also can't stop a user from misinterpreting my point of view, and that's where the administrators will have to come in, to see if they value differing perspectives on things instead of this place becoming an echo-chamber/ group-think mentality.
They’ve announced one gay superhero thus far. How are they correcting representation in one fell swoop?

Even if they did, what would be so wrong about that?

-Vader

A reminder that Marvel made 17 back to back fucking films with white straight males as leads (Which is what, 30% of US population?) until they finally decided to give other demographics a chance as well.

Only because, shit, we can't dare change our racist, sexist and homophobic history. We have to do it all over again the exact same way so not to offend any fragile flower white straight male out there.

Why the fuck do they really need to announce about the gay representation? Just DO IT! I'm getting fucking tired of having to scroll through Youtube/twitter comments with these toxic insecure trolls crying about it ei: Skyab23. These are the toxic scumbags that need to be wipe off the face of this Earth. As a male I don't fucking understand why so many other males are so insecure about this?

Vader182 wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 3:25 pm

-Vader
I guess one could say they’re doing it for cynical reasons because it’s “popular” to do so now rather than doing it for pure good intentions. Regardless, it’s a very positive thing it’s happening.

I guess they wanted everyone to know that there will be a SUPERHERO who identifies as LGBTQA+ is in the works and not a random character with a minute of screen time like in Endgame. I personally loved that scene by the way but some were disappointed by it since they expected something more significant.

Reminder to please refrain from using offensive language, personal attacks or insults towards other users here. Whether you agree or disagree with their views, it serves no purpose other than dragging the entire issue out to no end. Use the report button, folks.

Allstar wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 3:46 pm
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
I guess one could say they’re doing it for cynical reasons because it’s “popular” to do so now rather than doing it for pure good intentions. Regardless, it’s a very positive thing it’s happening.
Even if they are doing it for free "woke points" what does that impose on you as a person? if gay people on screen really "didn't bother you" you wouldn't feel a thing either way.

That's the point. This guy clearly does care and isn't checking his biases.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 4:05 pm
Allstar wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 3:46 pm
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Even if they are doing it for free "woke points" what does that impose on you as a person? if gay people on screen really "didn't bother you" you wouldn't feel a thing either way.

That's the point. This guy clearly does care and isn't checking his biases.

-Vader
100% agreed. He won’t see the light though.