The Eternals (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ArmandFancypants wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 8:23 am
this could be interesting, i hear zhao is a real talent

(sees who the DoP is)

ah, nevermind
Did you skip GotG as well?

Yeah I looked at all the main crew and they are all the Marvel regulars. And Zhao had nothing to do with the script.

So this is nothing like Ryan Coogler and is purely a work-for-hire gig

ArmandFancypants wrote:

(sees who the DoP is)

ah, nevermind
ikr

Zhao is indeed a real talent but that DoP... makes me considerably less enthusiastic about this.

He did GotG Vol.1, Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel. All of them looked beautiful to me? The only issue with CM that I can think of is the scenes on Torfa.

m4st4 wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 8:45 am
ArmandFancypants wrote:

(sees who the DoP is)

ah, nevermind
Did you skip GotG as well?
Nope, but I think he's gone progressively downhill into an underlit hell in the past few years

AhmadAli95 wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 11:28 am
He did GotG Vol.1, Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel. All of them looked beautiful to me? The only issue with CM that I can think of is the scenes on Torfa.
Personally I don't think any of the MCU movies has particularly great cinematography. It's just a lot of forgettable mediocrity as with most of the score.

Imo Endgame might be the best shot movie out of all of them, and of course Civil War has a few really amazing shots.

Sanchez wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 12:39 pm
Personally I don't think any of the MCU movies has particularly great cinematography. It's just a lot of forgettable mediocrity as with most of the score.

Imo Endgame might be the best shot movie out of all of them, and of course Civil War has a few really amazing shots.
Endgame looked gorgeous and so did Infinity War. I wasn't a fan how MCU movies looked especially the earlier films - I remember seeing the trailer for Civil War and thinking it looked bland and lifeless.

GotG (both films) looked incredible. Captain Marvel also looked good particularly in IMAX. Great visuals overall and incredible VFX.

Gotta say, seeing Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Endgame, and Far from Home in IMAX made me appreciate the cinematography better.

There hasn't been a single MCU movie I praised for its Cinematography. Some of them were good, like Iron Man or GotG v2, but that's the biggest compliment I can give them. Most of them are mediocrity. EndGame was too messy, Infinity War was too bland. Thor Ragnarok had the potential to be great but its color pallette is too bland and it's too overlit for what they were going for.

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 3:06 am
i want to see if skylab can consider any of what we've said
I don't have any issue whatsoever with gay representation in films. I have never stated anything to the contrary. I simply look at it from a different perspective because it feels as though these studios are attempting to correct decades of misrepresentation in one fell swoop and it doesn't come across as organic or legitimate.

My view may be the minority view on this forum but it's not as uncommon as you may think. And no, just because you believe studios are shoehorning this into movies doesn't make you sexist or homophobic or any other phobic that is trendy nowadays.

And what did I post that made people fly off the rails? When I posted the laughing emoji with the "she is looking for her queen" quote? I would put the laughing emoji for any description of a movie remotely related to that because it sounds dopey. "He is looking for his Queen," "He is looking for his King." Dopey af.

Let me reiterate one more time: I am not homophobic. You will not find a post on this forum of me ever criticizing gay people or any other minority. I also can't stop a user from misinterpreting my point of view, and that's where the administrators will have to come in, to see if they value differing perspectives on things instead of this place becoming an echo-chamber/ group-think mentality.

i dont have any issue with gay representation in film

here are four paragraphs explaining why i have an issue with gay representation in film

-Vader