Behind the scenes - Set Photos/Videos (Potential Spoilers)

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
It would actually be quite a nice twist if it wasn't related to time travel or any other sci-fi premise after all.

Nolan experimenting with time manipulation all the time in his movies, either for narration or with some kind of device (the machine). I think this won't be a traditional time travel story, but some kind of short time in place manipulation.

radewart wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 12:19 am
It looks sorta like something out of the mid 80's. I thought the first pics we saw of Pattinson and Washington their clothes look a little dated also. Though it could just be the aesthetic that Nolan likes for wardrobe as the clothes in Inception were similar.
I don't think it looks very 80s in particular, but it could sort of be early 00s. Considering we've heard about scenes revolving around a "theater crisis" of sorts, set in a post Soviet setting (think it was Ukraine?), reminiscent of the Moscow theater crisis of 2002, maybe that's the time period Nolan is aiming for. Clothing styles in post Soviet countries, even after the fall of the ussr, was still pretty akin to that of their 80s/90s fashion even in the early 2000s for a bit. Idk how that relates (if it relates in any way) to any of the characters here, because I could swear I saw a pic of Washington posted here where he def was dressed in what seemed like contemporary clothing to me.

wow I really have nothing better to do atm lmao

I really don't think it's about time travel - or maybe I'm just hoping it's not about time travel.
I want time manipulation to be in the script and in the editing as in non-linear storytelling, something he's been experimenting with since the beginning.

Ruth wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 6:48 am
radewart wrote:
It looks sorta like something out of the mid 80's.
I don't think it looks very 80s in particular, but it could sort of be early 00s. Considering we've heard about scenes revolving around a "theater crisis" of sorts, set in a post Soviet setting (think it was Ukraine?), reminiscent of the Moscow theater crisis of 2002, maybe that's the time period Nolan is aiming for.
What about the cars though?

Insomniac wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 7:04 am
Ruth wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 6:48 am
radewart wrote:
It looks sorta like something out of the mid 80's.
I don't think it looks very 80s in particular, but it could sort of be early 00s. Considering we've heard about scenes revolving around a "theater crisis" of sorts, set in a post Soviet setting (think it was Ukraine?), reminiscent of the Moscow theater crisis of 2002, maybe that's the time period Nolan is aiming for.
What about the cars though?
yeah the cars don't look old at all lmao

i think i already said this regarding the clothes and the era of the story - none of the stuff we saw them wear has an incredibly "dated" look, it has that somewhat timeless quality, it's not trendy, but some of the stuff could definitely be worn today, even if the inspiration comes from older decades. or something like that. personally it's not that deep for me, just insignificant banter

inception's costumes were quite timeless as well imo

And they didn't exactly wear crazy futuristic aluminium clothing in Interstellar either.

Clothes doesn't tell us anything. But the cars do.
Both the cars in this picture (and literally every other picture with closeup of cars) have European license plates with the EU logo on the left side of the plate, which is a design that came this decade. It's clearly present day or close.

And if they intend to not show the plates or change them with VFX (which Nolan just wouldn't do btw), the cars are still new.
Last edited by Sanchez on July 21st, 2019, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.