The Netflix Club

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Well I hope they're going to produce more films overall. They produce so many series.

Lol, so apparently Netflix has algorithmically determined that, in order to bring in the most new customers and keep them, their shows need to be only 2 seasons long. Also, Netflix figures that most showrunners want a raise after 2 seasons so Netflix considers it a good idea to just cancel shows after 2 seasons, even if they're still popular....because the people working on those shows might want a raise. Are we enjoying the creative Netflix experience yet?

https://www.theinformation.com/articles ... -111218125

So Red Notice (original action movie that is set to star The Rock, Gal Gadot, and Ryan Reynolds) got dumped by Universal and is now off to Netflix.

We will never get another Roma again. Right?

Wait

How do you come to that conclusion lol

They seem to want to focus on more mainstream appeal movies.

Artemis wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 8:46 am
Roma's production wasn't funded by Netflix. It was only acquired by Netflix for distribution.

well if they're going to stop acquiring stuff like Roma i guess that puts to rest the theory that Netflix can distribute indie movies other companies can't
Batfan175 wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 1:34 pm
Lol, so apparently Netflix has algorithmically determined that, in order to bring in the most new customers and keep them, their shows need to be only 2 seasons long. Also, Netflix figures that most showrunners want a raise after 2 seasons so Netflix considers it a good idea to just cancel shows after 2 seasons, even if they're still popular....because the people working on those shows might want a raise. Are we enjoying the creative Netflix experience yet?

https://www.theinformation.com/articles ... -111218125
this is some dystopian nonsense

anarchy wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 9:07 am
Artemis wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 8:46 am
Roma's production wasn't funded by Netflix. It was only acquired by Netflix for distribution.
Thanks for this info! :thumbup:

Same goes for Annihilation. Which I'd rank below Roma when it comes to 'further produced' or produced by Netflix

I hope the Irishman does good at least. That's all funded by netflix right? $250 million dollar budget so depending on if people watch it or not, it will be a good indicator of where Netflix will go from there in regards to original movies.