The Flash (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I assume that means Ezra is out for good

Artemis wrote:
July 2nd, 2019, 3:17 pm
'Flash' Shocker: 'It' Director Andy Muschietti in Talks to Tackle DC Movie (Exclusive)
Andy Muschietti, the filmmaker behind the hit Stephen King adaptation It and the upcoming It: Chapter Two, is in talks to direct the action-adventure project based on the DC Comics superhero. His partner and wife, Barbara Muschietti, will produce. joining Michael Disco on the project.
Christina Hodson is also being looked at to write the script.

Also they got one detail wrong, Barbara Muschietti is his sister...
Would be a great choice.

I just hope this film gets made. But like with all DC films, don't believe anything until opening day.

Artemis wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 8:49 am
I just hope this film gets made. But like with all DC films, don't believe anything until opening day.
ikr

I like this pairing, but I can't really get excited for it.

Artemis wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 8:49 am
I mean considering this movie will adapt flashpoint storyline, I won't have hopes even on opening day...

Are we still assuming they're adapting Flashpoint?

wouldn't be surprised if Flashpoint won't be their focus anymore

If they're trying to sort reboot the DCU, since Affleck and Cavill are out, Flashpoint might be the best way to go about it. But I don't think it'll happen

Eh, Affleck is 100% out, Cavill is not. At least, not until they recast Superman if they will.

Honestly pretty stoked for Battison.

Muschietti:

“An element of horror? I don’t think so. What captivated me about The Flash is the human drama in it. The human feelings and emotions that play in the drama [of it]. It’s going to be fun, too. I can’t promise that there will be any horror [elements in it], really, but it’s a beautiful human story.”