TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Ace wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 7:28 am
DECIDED! The filmmakers agreed with a ten-day filming period at the Laagna Canal.
The film company Warner Bros and their representative here, Allfilm, agreed with the ten-day shooting period offered by Tallinn in the Laagna channel, during which temporary traffic modifications are allowed on a scheduled basis, Raepress said.
"The team of director Christopher Nolan has understood the needs and constraints of the city during long consultations and we have now reached a workable solution," said Mayor of Tallinn Mikhail Kõlvart.

"Certain inconveniences to the road user remain, but since the filmmaking takes place in July and during the compressed time period, we have been able to minimize them compared to the original plans."

The shooting period begins on July 10 and runs until July 21st. Normal traffic in Laagna Channel remains uninterrupted on Mondays and Tuesdays during the film shooting period. Normal traffic The camp bridges are provided throughout the film shooting period, except for temporary stops for up to five minutes at the helicopter crossing for safety reasons.

On Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, there is a possibility to drive from Laagna Canal to the city center in the morning from 05:00 to 10:00 and in the evenings and at night from 15:30 to 04:00 in Lasnamäe. During the weekend, traffic on Laagna is stopped. Passenger vehicles must have access to the film scene throughout the shooting period.
https://www.postimees.ee/6717946/linnav ... osas-kokku
A month was planned and now only 10 days ... I hope Nolan can film everything that he wanted.

Joshua Strong wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 1:42 am
I’m not buying the $225M budget for the movie, we probably won’t get firm confirmation regarding the budget till around the time the film is released but if that number is true and you don’t count the racially ambiguous Vin Diesel, Tenet would the most expensive film to feature a POC as the lead. It would top Men in Black 3 at $215M and Black Panther at $200M.

And it would be the second most expensive original film of all time, first is Avatar (blue not Aang) at $237M. I’ve never used original and Avatar in the same sentence before.
The $225,000,000 figure is dubious but I wouldn't bet so surely on John Washinghton being the lead until Warner Bros says so. He may also be the central character but there's also a decent chance it's more of an ensemble that shares the spotlight. In Pulp Fiction, is John Travolta the lead, or is Samuel Jackson, or is it Bruce Willis?

Ace
The press release from Warner says he leads the cast.
BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Filming has begun on Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Tenet,” being directed by Christopher Nolan.

“Tenet,” which is being filmed on location across seven countries, is an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.

Nolan is directing from his own original screenplay, utilizing a mixture of IMAX® and 70mm film to bring the story to the screen.

The international ensemble cast is led by John David Washington and also stars Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Dimple Kapadia, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Clémence Poésy, with Michael Caine and Kenneth Branagh.

The film is being produced by Nolan and Emma Thomas. Thomas Hayslip is serving as executive producer.

Nolan’s behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Hoyte van Hoytema, production designer Nathan Crowley, editor Jennifer Lame, costume designer Jeffrey Kurland, and visual effects supervisor Andrew Jackson. The score is being composed by Ludwig Göransson.

Warner Bros. Pictures is distributing “Tenet” worldwide and has slated the film for a July 17, 2020 release.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... pher-Nolan

Geoffrey wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 9:58 am
Joshua Strong wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 1:42 am
I’m not buying the $225M budget for the movie, we probably won’t get firm confirmation regarding the budget till around the time the film is released but if that number is true and you don’t count the racially ambiguous Vin Diesel, Tenet would the most expensive film to feature a POC as the lead. It would top Men in Black 3 at $215M and Black Panther at $200M.

And it would be the second most expensive original film of all time, first is Avatar (blue not Aang) at $237M. I’ve never used original and Avatar in the same sentence before.
The $225,000,000 figure is dubious but I wouldn't bet so surely on John Washinghton being the lead until Warner Bros says so. He may also be the central character but there's also a decent chance it's more of an ensemble that shares the spotlight. In Pulp Fiction, is John Travolta the lead, or is Samuel Jackson, or is it Bruce Willis?
Yeah, I think it will be an other experimental and choral/kaleidoscopic film, after Dunkirk. All the statements point out in that direction.

Ace : Yeah, I also think he'll be the more central character but I don't know, the casting sounds like it'll some kind of an ensemble cast.

Joshua Strong wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 8:06 am
Pratham wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 2:39 am
I guess $225M is entire budget, including marketing etc. Doesn't sound that unreasonable tbh. Might even include 'For Your Consideration' campaign expenses as well.
Then the production budget would be $150M.
I'm guessing it is this

Collins wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 8:14 am
A month was planned and now only 10 days ...
No, a month was requested, but it was always unreasonable and they knew they would not get it. Basic bargaining.

11oneoneeleven wrote:
June 27th, 2019, 8:28 am

It's Kroonika. They're no different than any other random gossip tabloid. Associating them with professional journalism is a big stretch. You should know that.
Thats why i used quotation marks around the word professional :roll:

Nomis wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 11:13 am
Joshua Strong wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 8:06 am
Pratham wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 2:39 am
I guess $225M is entire budget, including marketing etc. Doesn't sound that unreasonable tbh. Might even include 'For Your Consideration' campaign expenses as well.
Then the production budget would be $150M.
I'm guessing it is this
In Hollywood, when you see a budget figure it is virtually always just the production budget. Getting a P&A figure is nigh on impossible until years after a film is released. Studios don't like to talk about that, for whatever reason.

And if we're going to include P&A, Avatar cost them $150 million on top of the production budget of $230 million. In today's dollars that production budget is more like $305 million.

They plan to film some scenes by helicopter apparently
Last edited by Ruth on August 11th, 2019, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link to a private social media account