What Was the Last Episode of TV You Watched

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
yeah I agree. It's my big issue with it. the supernatural element vanishes almost completely and it's left feeling oddly small / vacant and relying on character drama to motivate things. Some of which is messy.

-Vader

Yeah, but overall I think it’s worth a watch, even if for the acting/atmosphere alone.

I’m now thinking what I should watch next. I have so many shows I haven’t seen, it’s probably best not to overthink and just do something lmao. Was just thinking about HBO’s Rome or Treme (both of which I’ve wanted to see for years). Although I’m open for suggestions too.

Ruth wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 4:48 pm
Yeah, but overall I think it’s worth a watch, even if for the acting/atmosphere alone.

I’m now thinking what I should watch next. I have so many shows I haven’t seen, it’s probably best not to overthink and just do something lmao. Was just thinking about HBO’s Rome or Treme (both of which I’ve wanted to see for years). Although I’m open for suggestions too.
have you seen the leftovers? because if not..

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 4:51 pm
Ruth wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 4:48 pm

have you seen the leftovers? because if not..

-Vader
actually i have been seriously considering watching it but heard it like triggered depression in people so like idk lmao

it's pain and it's bliss

watch it. one of the best shows of all time imo.

it's a magic realist drama that contends with massive existential and social issues in an often meta-fictional way. it's about narrative and from where stories derive their power, whether it's religion, political figures, marriages, whatever.

I love season 1, but Seasons 2-3 are where the show really rockets up in quality and becomes one of the most dynamic and exciting shows on tv.

-Vader

It does seem like something I would really like. I’ve seen people recommend against binging it though, so I’ll probably try to ease my way in slower, or watch it simultaneously with something else.

Fleabag season 1&2
The british are really good at dark comedies yo. love it.

the_red_ninja wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 6:34 pm
Fleabag season 1&2
The british are really good at dark comedies yo. love it.

Also, continuing with that line of thought but more in the vein of a light-hearted Teen British comedy. Sex Education is really good. It was just released by Netflix earlier this year. There were so many moments where my wife and I laughed out loud hysterically.

Well written, good storyline, witty dialogue, great characters, easy to get invested in. It’s the wild child of The Inbetweeners and Skins — I can’t recommend it enough.

Ruth, if you’re interested in going in the opposite direction, less drama-heavy, try this.

Vader182 wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 4:56 pm
it's pain and it's bliss

watch it. one of the best shows of all time imo.

it's a magic realist drama that contends with massive existential and social issues in an often meta-fictional way. it's about narrative and from where stories derive their power, whether it's religion, political figures, marriages, whatever.

I love season 1, but Seasons 2-3 are where the show really rockets up in quality and becomes one of the most dynamic and exciting shows on tv.

-Vader
i second this. I'm still on season 2, but it has made me cry-smiling at so many turns.

Okay, so I haven’t yet started The Leftovers (I’ll probably jump to it before the weekend), but I am on episode 6 of Rome. All I got to say atm is that I love James Purefoy as Mark Antony and his sass :lol: