Aladdin (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So Disney couldn't get any top or decent CGI company to tackle this turd? This is mediocre on almost every level. Mulan better not be on this level of shit.

The CGI isn't the problem. It was decent to good throughout and even impressive at a few points.

Sanchez wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 8:37 am
The CGI isn't the problem. It was decent to good throughout and even impressive at a few points.
Agreed. On RT, the critics give the film 58%, while the audience score currently sits at 91%. A huge discrepency, and I have to agree with the audience score on this one. The main cast of Aladdin, Jasmine and the Genie really do a great job. The musical numbers are good to great and the visuals are pretty impressive. The only issues for me were Jafar (the guy just wasn't convincing or intimidating) and the pacing at times was a bit hit or miss. But it was miles better than the live action Beauty and the Beast which somehow got a higher RT score.

Grade: B+

Skyab23 wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 3:00 pm
Sanchez wrote:
Agreed. On RT, the critics give the film 58%, while the audience score currently sits at 91%. A huge discrepency, and I have to agree with the audience score on this one. The main cast of Aladdin, Jasmine and the Genie really do a great job. The musical numbers are good to great and the visuals are pretty impressive. The only issues for me were Jafar (the guy just wasn't convincing or intimidating) and the pacing at times was a bit hit or miss. But it was miles better than the live action Beauty and the Beast which somehow got a higher RT score.

Would you say this is a movie the alt right may enjoy?

Oku
Why would you ask that LOL

3.5/5. Slightly better than expected, with Naomi Scott stealing the show, with both Jasmine as a developed character and Speechless as a centerpiece song.

1 Cinderella 4/5
2 Aladdin 3.5/5
3 Jungle Book 3/5
4 Beauty and the Beast 2/5

Allstar wrote:
May 25th, 2019, 2:41 am
Skyab23 wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 3:00 pm
Sanchez wrote:

Would you say this is a movie the alt right may enjoy?
So f'ing random wth?! lol

Actually this is really not awful at all, not even bad or mediocre. It’s really enjoyable and loads of fun. Amazingly paced imo, because time just flew by and nothing felt dragged out. Obviously this is not better than the animated version, but it didn’t have to be to warrant its existence. If you distance yourself from the need to continuously compare this to the original, you might not adore it, but you’ll at least have fun.

Way before the movie even released I kind of thought Naomi Scott just didn’t have that Jasmine look to me, but honestly both her and Aladdin grow on you tremendously, and both share enough chemistry to just make it work. Will Smith is also really fun, which is probably controversial lol. He doesn’t reach the greatness of Williams, but I don’t think he even tried to. The performance doesn’t come across as an imitation, it stands on its own.

It’s pretty to look at as far as very heavily CGI’d films can go, the music is amazing (but that’s kind of like... duh lmao). It’s not as dazzling as the original, but it’s not soulless either. I couldn’t hate it even if I wanted to.

i saw this last night and mostly agree with Ruth, but so much of it colors inside the lines and is stylistically barren and uglier than the original, it does have an artificial flavoring aftertaste

also spoilers, but they ruined jafar and he doesn't turn into a snake, so as far as I'm concerned disney can get fucked

-Vader

Ruining Jafar is worse than ruining the genie fuck this