The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Ruth wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 10:25 am
^Sure. Then again, those religious people who’re signing these bills and passing such laws will always figure out some roundabout way for their wives/daughters/mistresses (call me petty, but this one applies especially) to get an abortion, so religion suddenly becomes a lot less important. Religion more often applies to the “common” people being pro-lifers, and even then, if you start having discussions with them and digging deep enough, you’ll find a lot of their hatred for abortion stems not from appreciation of life, but desire for righteous punishment for people they deem wrong, desire to restrain, command people they consider themselves to be morally superior over. People generally stop caring for a zygote as soon as it’s born.

For the powerful people who actually make these things happen this is yet another tool to tie certain groups of people to a continuous cycle of poverty. The vast majority* of these people will be women, and a disproportionate number of those women will be of color. It’s a tool of suppression.

edit: * by vast majority i meant that i also counted in the number of dads who would choose to stay and have to abandon their ambitions/dreams too out of need to provide for their new families.
Where the hell did you actually come up with the stuff for that first paragraph? What percentage of women do you actually think gets an abortion? Quit making it sound like this is an every day, month, or year occurrence for people lmao.

PowerDump wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 10:55 am

None of those questions have anything to do with whether or not someone can have an opinion on this, that’s a fact. I’m 100% okay with you or anyone else having whatever opinion on what someone can do with their body; quote it or do whatever you have to do to remember I just said that with what I’m about to say.

False narrative: Men are trying to suppress Women’s rights and control their bodies.
Reality: People think life has started, and really just want to give that life a chance.

Why am I saying this? Cause it really seems like you are insinuating that (and not just you but a few people). Like I said, have an opinion on what women should be able to do, seriously, that’s fine and great. Too many people are putting almost a villain-like label on people that are pro life, that is a joke.
It actually does though because if you care about when life starts you should certainly care about life when they're born.

That's not a false narrative though. And that's not a reality though. If you really want to give a life a chance then you'd be doing a lot of the things that I listed and you would be actively supporting women who have these kids during tough times.

If you think my posts in anyway were insulting to you, take some time away from the internet and come back with a clear mind. I don't want to trigger you or anyone else and I don't want to get into useless fights about things that really shouldn't be up for debate.

I hope you get better soon.

Why are you arguing about abortion with trash like him?£

Artemis wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 11:09 am
PowerDump wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 10:55 am

None of those questions have anything to do with whether or not someone can have an opinion on this, that’s a fact. I’m 100% okay with you or anyone else having whatever opinion on what someone can do with their body; quote it or do whatever you have to do to remember I just said that with what I’m about to say.

False narrative: Men are trying to suppress Women’s rights and control their bodies.
Reality: People think life has started, and really just want to give that life a chance.

Why am I saying this? Cause it really seems like you are insinuating that (and not just you but a few people). Like I said, have an opinion on what women should be able to do, seriously, that’s fine and great. Too many people are putting almost a villain-like label on people that are pro life, that is a joke.
It actually does though because if you care about when life starts you should certainly care about life when they're born.

That's not a false narrative though. And that's not a reality though. If you really want to give a life a chance then you'd be doing a lot of the things that I listed and you would be actively supporting women who have these kids during tough times.

If you think my posts in anyway were insulting to you, take some time away from the internet and come back with a clear mind. I don't want to trigger you or anyone else and I don't want to get into useless fights about things that really shouldn't be up for debate.

I hope you get better soon.
Why are those questions BS? Because those types of questions can be used for any issue. Do you have an opinion on the Flint water crisis? Have you personally donated water or money? That type of stuff can be used on any issue in the world.

That is a false narrative, you are taking a minority opinion and using it as a billboard for everyone that is pro life.

What Ruth typed in that first paragraph was utter garbage as well. I would love to see an actual percentage of the people that are well off living or rich that have an abortion, I really would.

Like I said, have whatever opinion on abortion, that’s not the issue I have.

Master Virgo wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 11:22 am
He's the one who got defensive tbh. All I said was that it's none of his business and he snapped.

Master Virgo wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 11:22 am
We aren’t arguing abortion.

PowerDump wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 11:23 am

Why are those questions BS? Because those types of questions can be used for any issue. Do you have an opinion on the Flint water crisis? Have you personally donated water or money? That type of stuff can be used on any issue in the world.
Yes
That is a false narrative, you are taking a minority opinion and using it as a billboard for everyone that is pro life.

No it's not. Some laws say that if a woman goes out of state for an abortion they can be imprisoned. How is that not suppressing women's body autonomy?
What Ruth typed in that first paragraph was utter garbage as well. I would love to see an actual percentage of the people that are well off living or rich that have an abortion, I really would.
No it's not.
What is your issue and what do you want to do to fix it that does not impede on body autonomy?

Artemis wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 11:26 am
PowerDump wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 11:23 am

Yes

No it's not. Some laws say that if a woman goes out of state for an abortion they can be imprisoned. How is that not suppressing women's body autonomy?
No it's not.
What is your issue and what do you want to do to fix it that does not impede on body autonomy?
So every issue ever that you have an opinion on you’ve donated? And no I’m not for that law that you said at all. That law is garbage.

What do I want? Cheaper/better form of birth control so nobody has to be go through an abortion. People act like going through an abortion isn’t a big deal, it’s often an extremely negative experience to get it done.

Quit making it out like I’m 100% against abortion, I’m against all these false generalizations that have come to light on either side since Trump took office. All left people are snowflakes on everything? F***ing BS. All people that voted Trump are racist? F***ing BS.

PowerDump wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 11:39 am
So every issue ever that you have an opinion on you’ve donated? And no I’m not for that law that you said at all. That law is garbage.
I try to donate when I can and I vote as often as I can and I try to support brands and companies and small businesses that also give back because it's my civic duty and I have a lot more privilege than a lot of people. I know you want to make me out to be some bad person or a hypocrite but I'm not.
What do I want? Cheaper/better form of birth control so nobody has to be go through an abortion. People act like going through an abortion isn’t a big deal, it’s often an extremely negative experience to get it done.

Quit making it out like I’m 100% against abortion, I’m against all these false generalizations that have come to light on either side since Trump took office. All left people are snowflakes on everything? F***ing BS. All people that voted Trump are racist? F***ing BS.
Honey, sweetie, you did this to yourself. You start off by saying "I'm only okay with abortion if it's in cases of rape..." and then you want facts and statistics about why people get abortion.

If you came into this by saying you want birth control to be widespread and want other progressive measures, you wouldn't be so angry over how people responded to you.

EDIT: I should add that I don't know anyone who acts like abortion isn't a big deal. I wouldn't wish for anyone to have one but if someone does need one I'd rather it be safe and legal.

Everyone who gets one will have a different experience. It will be emotionally heavy for some and for some it will be just another day.

Bless your heart PowerDump.

Artemis wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 11:44 am
PowerDump wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 11:39 am
I try to donate when I can and I vote as often as I can and I try to support brands and companies and small businesses that also give back because it's my civic duty and I have a lot more privilege than a lot of people. I know you want to make me out to be some bad person or a hypocrite but I'm not.

Honey, sweetie, you did this to yourself. You start off by saying "I'm only okay with abortion if it's in cases of rape..." and then you want facts and statistics about why people get abortion.

If you came into this by saying you want birth control to be widespread and want other progressive measures, you wouldn't be so angry over how people responded to you.

EDIT: I should add that I don't know anyone who acts like abortion isn't a big deal. I wouldn't wish for anyone to have one but if someone does need one I'd rather it be safe and legal.

Everyone who gets one will have a different experience. It will be emotionally heavy for some and for some it will be just another day.

Bless your heart PowerDump.
You’re just a woman with a small brain; with a brain the 3rd the size of us. It’s science.