Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I can't fault a soul who take huge issue with it.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
May 13th, 2019, 4:16 pm
I can't fault a soul who take huge issue with it.

-Vader
In what sense? I don’t think it should be this poorly reviewed based on the direction alone.

I mean, what were people expecting from this ending?

I wonder if Martin is going to change his book's due to this reaction...because
Dany going "Mad Queen" is totally his ending
We may never see the new books..

Allstar wrote:
May 13th, 2019, 4:44 pm
In what sense? I don’t think it should be this poorly reviewed based on the direction alone.
in the sense that they feel it's 80 minutes of characters acting like absurd plot devices that aren't motivated by any rhyme or reason that makes sense given the previous several seasons of the show.

Cilogy wrote:
May 13th, 2019, 4:50 pm
I mean, what were people expecting from this ending?
That's missing the point. It's not what happens, it's how, and whether it makes sense as something that followed what came before.

As I said,
two episodes ago Dany risked her life, her kids, her armies, her friends, and her throne to save the realm and succeeded. Now she committed mass genocide, burning tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of innocent men, women and children while giving in to sexist tropes in the process, seemingly because she decides nobody loves her and she has to rule Westeros out of fear? It doesn't track at all.

If this is GRRM's ending, and I think it is, D&D needed a lot more time to make any of this make sense. It's all contrivances and bullshit.

-Vader

Dude weren’t you just literally saying a week ago Dany potentially doing this was not a surprise? So much happened to Dany during and after that battle, she literally lost everything...including her true claim to the Iron throne. Only advisers she had left she lost complete trust in, ones who who talked her out of doing this in the past...dead or lost all trust. “A Targaryen alone in the world is a dangerous thing”.

how many times do i have to explain the difference between story and plot before this will make sense to some of you

-Vader

Vader got it right.

Not really related, but I just remembered this dumb detail and idk
ok so why did Tyrion even rat out Varys for 'treason' if he was gonna go out and commit treason like hours later lmao

did i miss something

Vader182 wrote:
May 13th, 2019, 5:28 pm
how many times do i have to explain the difference between story and plot before this will make sense to some of you

-Vader
I know the difference. Do I think it could have used more time? Yes. Do I think it makes no sense and wasn’t set up at all? No.

Ruth wrote:
May 13th, 2019, 5:35 pm

ok so why did Tyrion even rat out Varys for 'treason' if he was gonna go out and commit treason like hours later lmao

did i miss something
I think, first at this moment he didn't know about Jaime, nor about Daenerys's strategy. And also Jaime is his weak spot. I loved by the way the ending of the scene between Jaime and Tyrion, when Tyrion says that Jaime was the only one who cared for him during his youth. It sold the scene for me, although it started as Tyrion making one more stupid decision... (I really hope Tyrion is going to make something very smart next week. I've been waiting for this for quite some time actually.)