TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 8:48 pm
misho92 wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 10:59 am
User of Interest wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 10:38 am

How could it be a sequel to "Interstellar" if Paramount isn't a part of it?
I’m not saying it is a sequel to interstellar. I think this is another original film by Nolan and frankly that’s what I want. What I’m trying to say is that IF Nolan were to do a sequel, Interstellar makes way more sense than Inception. There’s already groundwork for a sequel unlike Inception which had proper closure.
Cobb's story has proper closure. Fischer's story has proper closure.

... but you're saying that the PASIV device can't create other heists for other characters in other parts of the world? That they can't use it for more mind heists and compelling action within the realms of time and gravity? There are an abundance of things they can do with it, and it doesn't have to focus around Cobb & crew at all (as it likely wouldn't, given our cast so far).

While I agree that a narrative sequel isn't exactly in the cards (and frankly I would be opposed to such a notion), I think your post just contains a bit too much naivety to say that book is closed on the sci-fi elements contained within Inception to make some sort of spin-off or prequel.
I never said the sci-fi elements are closed. What I did say was Cobb's story did end, and that's what you agree with. When you compare that to Cooper's story in Interstellar, we thought the ending of the movie would be the reconciliation of him and Murph, but that wasn't the case. His daughter told him to move past that and look at the bigger picture. Brand. The New planet. The colony, Brand was creating. There's a story to what happened, and whether Cooper did arrive to the new planet. Whether the colony (Plan B) was successful or not. What happened to Earth... These questions lend themselves to a sequel. Inception does not. Just because there's a deeper mythology (and I like Inception more than Interstellar) doesn't mean there should be a sequel. At the end of the day it's about the characters and their arcs. I don't think anyone is interested in a Dicaprio-less Inception sequel/prequel. Noone cares about that...

I think I've found something that debunks the 4chan thing once and for all.

Elizabeth Debecki is currently doing this Jordan Peele/J.J. Abrams HBO series Lovecraft Country that is described as this fantasy/horror show set in the 1950's during Jim Crow times. It doesn't involve time travel, but it does include inter-connected stories, portals to other dimensions and secret societies. Debecki is apparently playing the leader of one of these secret societies and is something of a villain.

I find it hard to believe that Debecki would star in two separate projects at the same time that have somewhat similar premises/roles.

By the way, a weird coincidence I've noticed. The Quay Brothers (who Nolan loves and made a short film about) made a short (a beer commercial) called Tempus Fugit just a few years ago.

So Nolan is making a $200 million budget film about... beer. This is going to be fantastic!

Oku
$200 million would be amazing and make it the biggest original that he's done, but it will probably be closer to $150 million.

Yeah when you see what he can do with $165 million (Inception/Interstellar) I think that should be enough. The budget for this film is going to be more or less the same probably.

There's going to be a major press release soon. They can't keep it a secret forever...

Willem wrote:
May 11th, 2019, 12:39 pm
They can't keep it a secret forever...
That's where you're wrong, kiddo

Angus wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 2:47 pm
I think it's important to note, things weren't as secretive regarding extras for TDK Trilogy or for Dunkirk because you kind of knew what you were getting ahead of time. You were getting Batman and a factual WWII event. There's not necessarily anything to "spoil" if you're an extra on the Dunkirk beach or a Rogues fan in the Heinz Field stadium in Pittsburgh. You literally see Bane walking out, Bane was announced as the villain, so you know the film is "Batman vs. Bane" at the minimum just by sitting in the stands or watching the City Hall fight. It was "safer" to expose the extras to this stuff. There's no "exclusive scoop" by seeing WWII fighter planes flying over you for the WWII movie.

So this film is technically a whole new deal. It wouldn't make sense to advertise for extras very openly. It's not familiar characters or a known historical event. Technically, this is completely different from Interstellar too, because I think the biggest "extras scene" was the New York Yankees game, right? And what was the biggest "extras scene" for Inception? There weren't many - not for significant crowds anyway.
This is an interesting thought, though. I fell like the Chance that the extras this time could spoil something is higher. The Scene for what they are needed might not be very important for the film, but there will be at least SOMETHING to spoil. So either Nolan and Co. dont care or they might announce something soon.

lol @ it being so easy to sneak into a Nolan "set".

There's a point like midway through when one of the guys say they will try to find out what the movie is about, but unfortunately nothing comes of it :(

The builders seem to work exclusively on the stage area. Some sort of music performance perhaps?

Insomniac wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 6:42 am

lol @ it being so easy to sneak into a Nolan "set".

There's a point like midway through when one of the guys say they will try to find out what the movie is about, but unfortunately nothing comes of it :(

The builders seem to work exclusively on the stage area. Some sort of music performance perhaps?
That was absolutely insane and fascinating to watch. It's blowing my mind how casual they are about it. Thank you for sharing.

I expected them to find blind stagemen working on the set, that would've been something.