Captain Marvel (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So I finally watched this due to increased interest in character after End Game and it plays like an opener of a new Star Trek/X-Files series I'd gladly watch in the future. Not the best, not the worst, just enough positives to come back for the next episode. BenMen steals every scene he's in.

Pratham wrote:
March 17th, 2019, 3:03 am

BTW, those hexagonal portals, if that technology has been around for at least 20 Earth years, why is it not prevalent everywhere in universe? We've only seen those in GOTG2 and Captain Marvel so far. Those were not in Thor movies or Infinity War. Or Why would Loki need to open a portal above New York when there's a perfectly usable one available already above C-53? Am I missing something here?
If Carol went missing in 1989 and came back to Earth in 1995 without her memories, why does Come As You Are plays in her meeting with Supreme Intelligence? Nevermind was released in 1992.
still looking for answers to these questions cause endgame didn't bother answering them

I mean Dumbo used makeup techniques that weren't around during the time Dumbo is set in.

Does it really matter?

Arrow as more inconsistencies one episode, but you coincidentally ignore those. :lol:

I have actually given up watching Arrow a long time back and new season of The Flash too, cause watching them was feeling like doing chores or homework.

And you're parring a megablockbuster franchise with a network TV universe? Isn't it like deflecting criticism of The Lord of the Rings by pointing out flaws in, idk, Supernatural or Once Upon a Time? :lol:

Pratham wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 3:00 am
I have actually given up watching Arrow a long time back and new season of The Flash too, cause watching them was feeling like doing chores or homework.

And you're parring a megablockbuster franchise with a network TV universe? Isn't it like deflecting criticism of The Lord of the Rings by pointing out flaws in, idk, Supernatural or Once Upon a Time? :lol:
How is production design choice from one movie affecting the other movie, how is that criticism? Also, from a narrative standpoint, prepare for a lot more of those ‘why wasn’t that in the previous movies?’, and the answer is simple: because the idea didn’t exist. And, in world, because characters weren’t aware of the technology. Basically - nitpicking, not criticism.

Finally watched this one last night.

I really liked the buddy cop vibe in a few scenes, that 90's vibe. Carol's character is cool. She's not thaaat charismatic, but she's okay. Sam Jackson is awesome, as always, but the plot in general is kinda meh. And what a rushed ending.
Oh, now she's gonna kick his ass. Show me what you got, Carol.... Oh okay, she just grabbed the guy and end scene. What a great finale. 2 minutes and they're done.
6/10

This movie isn’t good.

1.7/10
Last edited by anikom15 on July 3rd, 2019, 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

anikom15 wrote:
July 2nd, 2019, 7:18 pm
This movie isn’t good.

1/10