Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yeah I have no idea how the Very Conflicted Bad Guy possibly could turn to the light side or be redeemed.

Sometimes I wonder how much THE LAST JEDI is misinterpreted, even by people who love it.

-Vader

Ben ain't the only Skywalker left tho yo... 👸

My prediction:
Rey is a Skywalker, but as Anakin, she has no father. She is daughter of Leia, step-sister of Kylo. She is the one that could defeat Palpatine, as Anakin should have, but couldn't.

Oku
Yeah, this teaser didn't really hook me, but there really isn't enough shown here to justify the intensely negative reactions/predictions.

The only thing that bothered me, and I'll probably never let this go, is that they threw out Rey's awesome TLJ costume and hairstyle and regressed her to the TFA equivalents, just so they could use the unused Leia footage from TFA?

It looks like in general, that this teaser doesn't acknowledge TLJ at all: Rey back to TFA costume and hairstyle, blue lightsaber repaired, Luke in prominent voice-over, no Rose, Kylo repairing mask, Palpatine is back (to replace Snoke who was supposed to replace Palpatine), Death Star.

Vader182 wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 2:25 pm
Yeah I have no idea how the Very Conflicted Bad Guy possibly could turn to the light side or be redeemed.

Sometimes I wonder how much THE LAST JEDI is misinterpreted, even by people who love it.

-Vader
i mean doing this in a way that doesn’t seem too cliched but ok go off

Vader182 wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 2:25 pm

-Vader
Of course it can happen and can make sense. That’s not the point anyone is making.

Ruth, Of course I agree, but isn’t that equally true of the rest of the movie?

RoS is-if nothing else-giving us fodder for debate and speculation and pulling things out of its hat we didn’t expect. That’s the best aspect of today IMO.

Love RJ’s tweet.

-Vader

sebal24 wrote:
April 12th, 2019, 2:29 pm
My prediction:
Rey is a Skywalker, but as Anakin, she has no father. She is daughter of Leia, step-sister of Kylo. She is the one that could defeat Palpatine, as Anakin should have, but couldn't.
Only hiccup is how are they going to explain that Leia cheated on Han. I think she might be the daughter of Luke after all but of Keri's character who noped Luke and had Rey or something. That makes more sense to me.

Only "theory" I'm pretty sure is right
the line that is no one is ever gone is probably Luke as a force ghost to Rey and explaining that to her because she has not seen a force ghost before, not a bunch of old characters coming back.