TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
AhmadAli95 wrote:
April 7th, 2019, 3:47 pm
I trust Nolan and I know he's gonna come up with something amazing but I have mixed feelings about the rumored description (if true). Like it's such a Nolan thing to do, if you know what I mean. Oh, he's making a film about space-time and time travel, how original of him. I feel like it's what people expect of him after Inception and Interstellar.
I know what you mean, and I wish that wasn't a perceived staple of his. Unfortunately, it just might be. :lol:

The rumoured synopsis is most definitely false.

Only a select few would have had access to it let alone reading the entire screenplay.

This isn't a case of scripts being passed around. It was written on spec and shrouded in secrecy.

Unless someone in his inner circle decided to stab him in the back this is certainly bullshit.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
April 7th, 2019, 4:08 pm
I know what you mean, and I wish that wasn't a perceived staple of his. Unfortunately, it just might be. :lol:
The result of making of the most iconic sci-fi films.
The most amazing thing about Dunkirk (to me at least) is that no one was expecting the approach he went with. He took a genre that new to him and he Nolan-fied it. I wish he’d continue doing that instead of going for genres and ideas people expect him to go for. Something totally unpredictable would be nice. It seems it’s the direction he’s taking tho, based on what he said lately to/about distributors(?). Just need a confirmation.

That’s why I’m not buying the alleged leaks. But I’m also basing my thoughts on the reports from trusted outlets mentioning time continuum. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

We all know that it will be a little more than just this little description made by The Hollywood Reporter, it very fuzzy. It's just for now to use at a point of reference, but again "time continuum" is a scientific concept but you can threating it in a lot of different ways, so we know that Nolan's main thematics are time, and throughout his whole career he was trying to use it in different and original ways, so this new project will be again something new and no doubt it will be something we have never seen before coming from him. He always trying to push the boundaries of filmmaking and to reinventing himself, that's what all great directors mainly do.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
April 7th, 2019, 4:43 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
April 7th, 2019, 4:08 pm
The result of making of the most iconic sci-fi films.
The most amazing thing about Dunkirk (to me at least) is that no one was expecting the approach he went with. He took a genre that new to him and he Nolan-fied it. I wish he’d continue doing that instead of going for genres and ideas people expect him to go for. Something totally unpredictable would be nice. It seems it’s the direction he’s taking tho, based on what he said lately to/about distributors(?). Just need a confirmation.

That’s why I’m not buying the alleged leaks. But I’m also basing my thoughts on the reports from trusted outlets mentioning time continuum. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
But absolutely, it will be the case, Nolan hasn't pronounce himself about his new film yet, and yes the thing that annoys me a lot too is people who're summarize him to just a man who's doing complicated stuff, a man who just because he made a Batman trilogy can bring a realistic touch to super-heroes so they all want to see him doing another SH adaptation, or just seeing him doing one type of genre always the same way as he does. (I hope I make myself understood :lol: )

His last two movies proved that he's reinvented himself and threaten his thematics in a very smart way. (again, look at Dunkirk, as you said)
And remember that Dunkirk was always described as a war movie even thought it was absolutely not the case.
Just to say that expect the unexpected as always with this man.

So no, we're not going to have another Inception or Interstellar with this one.
Last edited by Nolan62 on April 7th, 2019, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nolan62 wrote:
April 7th, 2019, 5:15 pm
Just to say that expect the unexpected as always with this man.
He'll blow our minds once again :gonf: The wait and anticipation and secrecy is killing me.

Maybe one of the main characters will be a refugee or otherwise had a troubled life and will revolve around flashbacks/PTSD.

What if the actual title to the movie is 'Untitled 2020 Nolan Film'?

lynchfan wrote:
April 7th, 2019, 10:05 pm
What if the actual title to the movie is 'Untitled 2020 Nolan Film'?
I'm still going with no title. I hate to keep reposting this teaser trailer, but if you've missed it, it's gold.