Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ah so the Apollo 11 doc will be released in 1.78 or 1.90 on blu-ray? That's pretty cool.

Still kind of ridiculous they claim Infinity War was the first fully shot film in IMAX whereas it's just the alexa 65 with the IMAX label on it lol

I think Dunkirk is the one film that comes closest to being the first film shot fully in IMAX, since the other scenes are shot in 65mm.

They didn't really brag about it being the first film shot in IMAX as much as I figured they would, though. Pretty sure they're aware that Arri doesn't compare to 70mm.

Also, anyone saying CW doesn't have consequences is ridiculous. There's still a rift between Cap and Tony at the end of it. Cap's letter is not an apology or a resolution as much as it is a truce. Tony fully believed Cap was going to kill him at the end of CW and Cap got the upper hand. They haven't spoken, Cap's gone into hiding, and the Avengers is broken up. Plus, Tony and Steve are both reasonable human beings and if the world is ending, sometimes quarrels aren't worth keeping. They'll address that here I'm sure. But if you're already complaining, you're probably already hopeless.
Last edited by Bacon on April 2nd, 2019, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brb, gonna paste an IMAX sticker on my webcam

Still it's ridiculous how they treated it like some sort of achievement while other films have basically used the same camera with the same sensor before, like Rogue One for example. The difference is the aspect ratio.

Now.. If they further develop their cameras to match the size of 15-perf 65mm film, that would be awesome but with IMAX focusing on 1.90:1 screens it's just kind of pointless.

I wanna see that Panavision 8K camera that was used on M:I6 put to use. The IMAX sequences in that film genuinely looked quite close to real IMAX - reminded me so much of the IMAX scenes in TDKR.

Nomis wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 6:06 pm
Ah so the Apollo 11 doc will be released in 1.78 or 1.90 on blu-ray? That's pretty cool.

Still kind of ridiculous they claim Infinity War was the first fully shot film in IMAX whereas it's just the alexa 65 with the IMAX label on it lol

I think Dunkirk is the one film that comes closest to being the first film shot fully in IMAX, since the other scenes are shot in 65mm.
A11 isn’t an IMAX produced doc, talking more stuff like A Beautiful Planet.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 6:47 pm
Still it's ridiculous how they treated it like some sort of achievement while other films have basically used the same camera with the same sensor before, like Rogue One for example. The difference is the aspect ratio.

Now.. If they further develop their cameras to match the size of 15-perf 65mm film, that would be awesome but with IMAX focusing on 1.90:1 screens it's just kind of pointless.

I wanna see that Panavision 8K camera that was used on M:I6 put to use. The IMAX sequences in that film genuinely looked quite close to real IMAX - reminded me so much of the IMAX scenes in TDKR.
Pleeeeeeease someoneeeeee

I thought Sully was the first film to be fully shot in IMAX?

Could only get tickets for Saturday... going to have to not use the internet all day friday I guess

xWhereAmI? wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 12:25 am
Could only get tickets for Saturday... going to have to not use the internet all day friday I guess
And Thursday. And probably Wednesday.

Bacon wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 1:05 am
xWhereAmI? wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 12:25 am
And Thursday. And probably Wednesday.
Fuck