Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
As far as I can tell, AMC is down country wide. I got IMAX 2D Tickets for 11 Friday at a theater I like but I'd rather see it in Dolby or Laser IMAX.

What a shitshow.

It was relatively* easy getting tickets for IW and TFA/TLJ compared to this.

-Vader

What does this tell us about Endgame's boxoffice potential?

Thursday 6pm IMAX3D, second row from the screen, corner seat. Far from ideal, but I had no choice.

Even in Poland free seats are vanishing in front of my eyes. Never seen anything like this before.

At my local cinema, for the evening screening on the first day of release (24th) only 43 of 406 seats are gone so far lmao

If you had the option: 2D Xenon or 3D Laser?

If I didn't hate 3D, I'd probably go with 3D Laser

I personally don't hate 3D but I try to avoid it as much as I can.

Watched Captain Marvel twice in IMAX 3D with Laser and it looked great but took the extra mile to see Dumbo in IMAX 2D (Xenon unfortunately) because I had the option to do so.

Sucks that the screen with Laser doesn't provide 2D screenings like the other one.

To continue the rant lol.
I really prefer the architecture and seating design of the Xenon one because it was designed to be an IMAX screen and the sound is phenomenal. Plus, all seats are equally priced no premium/VIP bullshit and I can sit way back right and dead center. And they offer 2D screenings not only 3D.

The other one used to be a regular but pretty large screen with ATMOS speakers that was later converted into an IMAX screen with Laser - no sign of extra IMAX speakers tho which makes me kind of suspicious. Picture quality is great but the sound is not as good as it should be. I've noticed that there's a lot of high frequency flutter that is noticeable specifically in the center channel. Feels like the room is not dry enough. And they don't offer 2D screenings unless the film is 2D only.
Last edited by Tarssauce on April 2nd, 2019, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3D laser, but ultimately it hinges on how well the 3D was executed on the particular movie.

-Vader

Dobson wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 12:15 pm
What does this tell us about Endgame's boxoffice potential?
Could reach as high as 900M for global debut apparently.£