TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I will be sorely disappointed if this is connected to Inception in any way other than a similar minor way Reservoir Dogs is technically linked to Pulp Fiction. A completely original idea is more exciting than anything else.

Bacon wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 6:25 pm
I will be sorely disappointed if this is connected to Inception in any way other than a similar minor way Reservoir Dogs is technically linked to Pulp Fiction. A completely original idea is more exciting than anything else.
I'd argue that TDK is the best script he's worked with, and that's a sequel.

Tourmie wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 6:26 pm
Bacon wrote:
Yeah but that was also part of an established franchise that led itself naturally into an sequel. Inception is not any of that. Cobb's story is done and anything else tacked on would take a lot for me to not see it as forced. I trust Nolan, but I'd much rather see him tackle something brand new than try to catch lightning in a bottle twice with a similar idea. There's a lack of filmmakers with his ability to make successful original content and a sequel is the last thing the art form needs from him. There's a reason Inception was so groundbreaking in the first place.

Bacon wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 6:35 pm
Tourmie wrote:
Bacon wrote:
Yeah but that was also part of an established franchise that led itself naturally into an sequel. Inception is not any of that. Cobb's story is done and anything else tacked on would take a lot for me to not see it as forced. I trust Nolan, but I'd much rather see him tackle something brand new than try to catch lightning in a bottle twice with a similar idea. There's a lack of filmmakers with his ability to make successful original content and a sequel is the last thing the art form needs from him. There's a reason Inception was so groundbreaking in the first place.
Totally Agree.

Bacon wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 6:35 pm
Tourmie wrote:
Bacon wrote:
True, true.

I must say though, this could, in a way be a spiritual sequel to Inception as Nolan's own Interstellar was one to Space Odyssey... Know what I mean?
So it could be another blockbuster/sort of sci-fi/crime but still be entirely it's own thing or something. Which means it's still an original idea, just with overlapping genres.

Friendly reminder that all of the Inception sequel talk is complete speculation. 99% chance it’s a whole new ballgame. The only cool idea about a spin off or sequel to Inception for me would be the ten year gap. Most sequels are rushed. I hope we’re all blindsided entirely by the premise and world they create.

Waiting for the official Warner Bros report. It's at this time we'll discover for the first time what really this new project is.

Interstellar was definitely not a "spiritual sequel" to 2001.

Bacon wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 7:33 pm
Interstellar was definitely not a "spiritual sequel" to 2001.
I agree. Narratively they’re in different worlds.

Though I would argue that a lot of the space photography and technical film making side of things lends itself to there bring a bridge between both films. Intersterllar’s depiction of outer space went for 2001’s photo-realism. I think in that regard they’re very similar. Nolan sand Crowley looked to 2001 as the gold standard I’m sure in a lot of respects. Thematically they’re pretty different underneath the surface, and on the surface plot wise.

Just a question : is it possible to have some big breaking news on week-end or it's most generally during the week ?