TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Ace
MMatt wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 12:19 pm
I know it probably won't end up being an Inception spin-off, but all the speculation did get me excited enough to mock up a poster...
Great work MMatt!

Loved the art you did based on TDK Trilogy back in the day too.

It's a nice poster, but it's no fucking way.

The general audience is just going to ask where DiCaprio is. I mean, it's a total c-movie trope to make a sequel or a spin-off without anyone from the original cast. It's a death sentence. Box-office poison. Even Nolan couldn't make that work.

He is not making The Inception Legacy.

Maybe it's like Interstellar. Matt Damon was kept in secret and it was a big surprise. Perhaps Di Caprio/Hardy/Murphy...somebody is indeed coming back.

I can just picture James Cobb (Pattinson) and his sister Phillipa Cobb (Debicki) 20 years after the events of Inception, needing to help retrieve their father in some sort of crazy Limbo state. Like he went down the opposite road as Mal and chose to stay asleep forever instead of killing himself to wake up.

Ace
Insomniac wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 1:59 pm

The general audience is just going to ask where DiCaprio is. I mean, it's a total c-movie trope to make a sequel or a spin-off without anyone from the original cast. It's a death sentence. Box-office poison. Even Nolan couldn't make that work.

I agree.

My guess it’s some type of spy chase movie though which will span a lot of locations worldwide like a Bond/Mission Impossible Movie.
Which is why it was compared to North by Northwest: it’s one of the great chase films.
Last edited by Ace on March 22nd, 2019, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 2:26 pm
Insomniac wrote:

I agree.

My guess it’s some type of spy chase movie though which will span a lot of locations worldwide like a Bond/Mission Impossible Movie.

Which is why it was compared to North by Northwest: it’s one of the great chase films.
I follow you.
That's was I was thinking too last week, a big manhunt story with a lot of technical experiments. hence the "North by Northwest inspiration" thing which I still think was kind of true. And the "meet Inception" because DiCaprio's character was purchased by a group of people and was in a run away. But no way it's gonna be an "Inception-sequel", Nolan will make an other original film with an original story.

Elizabeth Debicki as some sort of Eva Marie Saint character ?

Insomniac wrote:

Prequels aren't out of the question.

Plus, do we really want to know the answer as to where Cobb is?

I have a hard time believing this is going to be an Inception sequel.

It would be pretty cool if he'd return to that world of course but if he does it raises so many questions about the first film alone, whether it's a direct sequel or not, which I wonder is going to help the new film... Focus should be on that.

Anyway, it's so weird to realise that next year Inception is turning 10.

MMatt returning is a great sight to see.

Bacon wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 5:54 pm
MMatt returning is a great sight to see.
Agreed, the legend lives. The movie title alone on that poster got me excited. Definitely fun to think about, even if I don't really believe it'll happen.