TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I don’t think there will be a time in the future where Nolan doesn’t make a massive, innovative, action blockbuster. He’s not going small any time soon, not as long as the cinematic experience is in danger. Which means seducing the moviegoer with a large scale action movie each time. So that’s not a surprise.

But is it actually a North By Northwest meets Inception style? Or is it something completely different? I guess that “oh it’s a musical!” is b.s. Thank god. The only musical I can stomach is La La Land. And I wouldn’t want to see Nolan, at any point, try his hand at some mechanical/cerebral version of that.

Forum Pro
Law
Title is def dropping this week

shauner111 wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 5:19 pm
I don’t think there will be a time in the future where Nolan doesn’t make a massive, innovative, action blockbuster. He’s not going small any time soon, not as long as the cinematic experience is in danger. Which means seducing the moviegoer with a large scale action movie each time. So that’s not a surprise.

But is it actually a North By Northwest meets Inception style? Or is it something completely different? I guess that “oh it’s a musical!” is b.s. Thank god. The only musical I can stomach is La La Land. And I wouldn’t want to see Nolan, at any point, try his hand at some mechanical/cerebral version of that.
Deadline said "event film which is rumored to be an action blockbuster in the spirit of North by Northwest."

Collins wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 5:23 pm
Deadline said "event film which is rumored to be an action blockbuster in the spirit of North by Northwest."
"One insider described the pic as a massive, innovative, action blockbuster, which will again be shown in Imax". Also, it was Variety who broke the story.

I don't doubt that the film has been largely cast. So they'll probably feed us more casting news (and maybe a title) throughout the next 2 weeks.

Hi all! Greetings from Germany. I've veen reading here since once in a while since Interstellar came out, which is my favourite and has totally amazed me. I'm incredible thankful that Nolan is doing such films that are meant to be seen in cinema. I love that and from the discussion I've been following here, he is probably doing such a thing again. :)

My guess is that his next film has a lot of scientifical stuff in it. Maybe the story of an explorer or something. Do you know the book "the swarm" by Frank Schätzing? It is a thriller about an yet unknown intelligent species living in the depths of our oceans and written from a very scientific point of view with some action elements in it. It would be quite a spectacle if it was filmed by Nolan I imagine. Filming under water etc. :) (No idea if that's even possible with Imax^^)

I would love a psychological thriller.

Innovator wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 5:00 pm
One insider described the pic as a massive, innovative, action blockbuster, which will again be shown in Imax.
lmfao

MASSIVE/INNOVATIVE/IMAX

So apparently Nolan would make his first film where the main character isn't a white heterosexual with his hair pushed back. I wonder if this is just diversification of cast, meaning the change is purely in the casting, or if it affected his writing, and he decided to tackle new issues, issues he didn't address before. I figure like Dunkirk and Interstellar, the film will have a pretty universal message, but it could deal with specific issues. After all, Dunkirk was both universal and very british.