TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Nice finds!

So who will play the star couple in this film since the romantic thriller rumor was clearly true? Ryan Gosling and.... ? can't be Emma Stone sadly.

Ace
Met Director Chris Nolan on my way home from Budapest.
https://twitter.com/thesimonrhee/status ... 00640?s=21
Fan Sighting in Budapest in mid February.
Possible shooting location?
Jonah said he was location scouting around that time in his VES acceptance speech.
Last edited by Ace on March 16th, 2019, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 1:02 pm
Jonah said he was scout locating around that time in his VES acceptance speech.
Budapest in February, Croatia in August... maybe Eastern Europe will have an important role.

Nolan62 wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 1:10 pm
Collins wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 12:14 pm
Collins wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 11:58 am
I just found that on the "Interstellar Updates Thread" forum... One more proof that Production Weekly is reliable.

In 2009, they also had exclusive news on Inception :

https://twitter.com/marvin_salguero/status/1276812243

https://twitter.com/KashifPasta/status/1348998583
It were news at the time Inception and Interstellar were starting pre-production alright ?
Yes i think

Collins wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 1:15 pm
Nolan62 wrote:
Collins wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 12:14 pm

In 2009, they also had exclusive news on Inception :

https://twitter.com/marvin_salguero/status/1276812243

https://twitter.com/KashifPasta/status/1348998583
It were news at the time Inception and Interstellar were starting pre-production alright ?
Yes i think
Ok. So again maybe the "romantic thriller" part was in fact true but the description which was followed was not.
And I remember about this statement from SLASHFILM, which prove it :
Update: According to Warner Bros., this story – which originated with Production Weekly – is incorrect, and describing Christopher Nolan‘s new film as “North by Northwest meets Inception” is inaccurate. It’s worth noting that Production Weekly is usually reliable, which might mean there’s at least some truth to this description, but that Nolan and company are unhappy with it being out there at this time. Recently, Production Weekly broke the news about another film – an adaptation of The Colour Out of Space starring Nicolas Cage. We reported that story too, and while our details were accurate, the producers of the film asked us to pull it, as the announcement was premature. Eventually, the official story came out. For now, take everything below with a grain of salt. In short, we still don’t know what Nolan’s new movie is about.
What new thing this man has in mind ?!
Whatever it is, it's going to be crazy (and after what he said during the conference in London), I love this "romantic" developpement/story idea (again if it's really true), and it sounds like it will a completely new original take and territory for him again after his last two movies.
Last edited by Nolan62 on March 16th, 2019, 1:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nolan62 wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 1:28 pm
Collins wrote:
Nolan62 wrote:

Yes i think
Ok. So again maybe the "romantic thriller" part was in fact true but the description which was followed was not.
Update: According to Warner Bros., this story – which originated with Production Weekly – is incorrect, and describing Christopher Nolan‘s new film as “North by Northwest meets Inception” is inaccurate. It’s worth noting that Production Weekly is usually reliable, which might mean there’s at least some truth to this description, but that Nolan and company are unhappy with it being out there at this time. Recently, Production Weekly broke the news about another film – an adaptation of The Colour Out of Space starring Nicolas Cage. We reported that story too, and while our details were accurate, the producers of the film asked us to pull it, as the announcement was premature. Eventually, the official story came out. For now, take everything below with a grain of salt. In short, we still don’t know what Nolan’s new movie is about.
Personally I think everything is true because Production Weekly is really reliable, but Warner just didn't want it to leak so fast.

Collins wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 1:34 pm
Nolan62 wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 1:28 pm
Collins wrote:

Yes i think
Personally I think everything is true because Production Weekly is really reliable, but Warner just didn't want it to leak so fast.
Yeah, me too, I'm starting more and more to thinking that there is some part of truth in this story, but maybe Production Weekly was simply missing the all points by thinking it will be like the description there'd make. So for now, we absolutely don't know and have no idea what are his ambitions/intentions and his angle of attack for this project, and I think, like always with him we don't really discover/know things until the day of the release (I remember the interview he did for "Premiere" when he started really to talk about Dunkirk). So describing the project already means nothing. And when it'll be officially announced (soon I hope, at least all the elements seems to point out to this direction), we'll hear the real first details of the project, and his first intentions for the project.

And that's why Warner Bros has deleted the info, because first it was too premature yes, and also because it's not the right way to describe the project.

Insomniac wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 12:30 pm
Nice finds!

So who will play the star couple in this film since the romantic thriller rumor was clearly true? Ryan Gosling and.... ? can't be Emma Stone sadly.
Andrew Garfield and Ryan Gosling in this project and Amanda Seyfried or Kelly Reilly for the female lead (their schedules are free), you'd read here first.

Collins wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 1:11 pm
Ace wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 1:02 pm
Jonah said he was scout locating around that time in his VES acceptance speech.
Budapest in February, Croatia in August... maybe Eastern Europe will have an important role.
Croatia is a great place for... holidays also. And Hungary is a great place to shoot. Villeneuve is already shooting Dune there. And Hungary has welcomed lots of shootings, because they have a long experience in film production and it cost less to shoot there than in Pinewood, LA... Usually, Nolan shoots in LA the studio part, if he decides to shoot in Hungary, which is the most likely interpretation of the tweet imo, it means he's really saving every penny... to put as much as possible on the screen!