Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
atilasantos wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 3:19 pm
Disney makes movies for kids and the guy thinks pedophilia is funny. Seriously?
But those jokes were in the past. Why should we judge him so harshly for jokes that were 10 years ago?

Did you object to some of the jokes in the prison scene in the 1st Guardians?

Fantastic news.

Artemis wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 3:21 pm
atilasantos wrote:
But those jokes were in the past. Why should we judge him so harshly for jokes that were 10 years ago?

He just doesn't get it. Joking about a pedo "stuff" (YEARS ago) equals being a pedo to him I think lol

Sysmatic wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 3:31 pm
Artemis wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 3:21 pm
atilasantos wrote:

He just doesn't get it. Joking about a pedo "stuff" (YEARS ago) equals being a pedo to him I think lol
I actually have a very hard time in convincing people otherwise.

Other than waiting for info on Nolan's next film, this is bloody fantastic! :clap:

Neat.

"I am tremendously grateful to every person out there who has supported me over the past few months. I am always learning and will continue to work at being the best human being I can be," Gunn tweeted. "I deeply appreciate Disney's decision and I am excited to continue making films that investigate the ties of love that bind us all. I have been, and continue to be incredibly humbled by your love and support. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Love to you all."

atilasantos wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 2:55 pm
The guy made jokes about pedophilia and Disney is a family-friendly company. I rest my case
You don't have one. Disney made Pulp Fiction. Disney knew about Gunn's previous work and his sense of humor online before he hired him.

Disney has worked with and continues to work with plenty of people that make non family-friendly material and to think otherwise is unbelievably ignorant. You're the one missing the obvious, not the other way around.

Cernovich? More like Cernobitch
Mike Cernovich urged Media Matters for America to launch a boycott against Disney on Friday after the announcement that the Mouse House had decided to re-hire James Gunn to write and direct “Guardians of the Galaxy 3.”

“Disney’s rehiring of James Gunn presents an excellent opportunity for Angelo Carusone and Media Matters to show they are principled fighters for social justice,” Cernovich told TheWrap. “I eagerly await joining Media Matters’ boycott of ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 3.'”

“What James Gunn said is worse than anything Tucker Carlson or anyone else has said. The left doesn’t care and isn’t sincere,” Cernovich tweeted Friday.
https://www.thewrap.com/mike-cernovich- ... n-rehired/

Volume 3 is going to do hella great box office. A boycott would be so useless lol