TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Angus wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 9:45 am
I bet Nolan is aware of this place. WB has to be, at least.

:ninja:
WB was aware of us back in 2009/2010 for INCEPTION. Don't know how closely they pay attention, but they're aware.

cclem wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 12:41 pm
I wouldn't rule out an expedition film. Why hasn't someone done a visionary film on Shackleton yet? :think:
I thought of Amundsen but there's already a movie coming in 2019 :o

I think a single character-driven expedition/survival film like 127 Hours would be pretty amazing. Not as gory or disturbing visually as that film, but more in the vein of The Edge and The Revenant and Cast Away. Main character on a journey of travelling and survival against the elements. Alive and The Mountain Between Us are other examples.

I know Dunkirk played with similar themes, but I mean the journey of one single person on his own.

127 Hours isn't gory though. It just feels that way. Probably because of it's amazing sound mixing.

Ace
Lisa Joy will direct Reminiscence.
In what instantly becomes a hot property there, Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Ferguson are finalizing deals to star this fall in Reminiscence, a film that Westworld executive producer Lisa Joy has scripted. She will make her feature directorial debut.
https://deadline.com/2019/01/hugh-jackm ... ssion=true

Ace wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 1:53 pm
In what instantly becomes a hot property there, Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Ferguson are finalizing deals to star this fall in Reminiscence, a film that Westworld executive producer Lisa Joy has scripted. She will make her feature directorial debut.
That’s awesome! Good for her, it’s a hell of an opportunity. Great leads. My friend worked on the set of Greatest Showman and said Hugh Jackman was the nicest actor he’s ever met bar none. One more speculative idea to cross off the list for CN too.

Ace wrote:
Nice. I really like both of those actors. Sounds like Lisa is getting off to a strong start as a director.

Batman's Batman wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 8:18 pm
I don't think Nolan pays any attention to his naysayers on the Internet, since he made it very clear that he doesn't use Internet.
Perhaps he doesn't use the internet but the circle of people around him do. He definitely gets info on the criticism he gets.

LelekPL wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Batman's Batman wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 8:18 pm
I don't think Nolan pays any attention to his naysayers on the Internet, since he made it very clear that he doesn't use Internet.
Perhaps he doesn't use the internet but the circle of people around him do. He definitely gets info on the criticism he gets.
I know that his brother loves wondering around Internets while having chit-chats with users, but I doubt that people from Nolan's circles just go to his office and tell him, "Yo', Nolan, homie, people on the Internet say that your films are too dialogue-heavy and slow. Maybe your next film should change that?" I know for a fact that Nolan, at least in the past, did not pay attention to the Internet criticism of his films. Why? Bale's Batman voice, that's why. People started mocking Bale's Batvoice since TDK have come out. By the point TDKR was being made, that voice became a meme. College Humor made a career for themselves by mocking that voice in their parody videos. But guess what? When making TDKR, Nolan did not alter Bale's voice to avoid that criticism. He actually went an extra step with that voice; it became even more loud and growly. Maybe now Nolan listens to criticism, but that would be fairly recent for him to do. He never seemed like someone who pays attention to what online critics have to say about him. He once even called those people "armchair directors", meaning that they talk a lot about how movies should or shouldn't be made, but they don't even know what DP stands for.

Ace wrote:
excellent, looking forward to seeing this.