TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I'm already imagining sitting down waiting for Tarantino's, Once upon a time in Hollywood, and the teaser for this plays. But that would most likely be too soon.

Tesla wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 8:11 pm
:shock:
I know and I’m ashamed.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
I'd love to see him tackle high fantasy. Make his own Lord Of The Rings or Game Of Thrones with a lot of practical effects.

Tyrek wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 7:42 pm
Angus wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 5:42 pm
Along the same thought; it's crazy to me how Nolan hasn't made a terrible movie. He hasn't made a movie that bombed critically or financially.
To be fair, didn't Batman Begins underperform somewhat, with 375m on a 150m budget?
It didn't do well but I think at that time, box office wasn't the only key factor for WB when it comes to Batman. They wanted to change the discourse on Batman. Remember that the movie came out after Batman & Robin which essentially killed Batman. All they wanted is a movie that critics and fanbase would stand behind and generate positive buzz for potential sequels. That's exactly what they got.

Matt Reeves needs to do the same thing now. It needs to be a critical success.

happyrock1010 wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 1:47 am
I'm already imagining sitting down waiting for Tarantino's, Once upon a time in Hollywood, and the teaser for this plays. But that would most likely be too soon.
Not really, teaser trailers for his films usually debut a year in advance

An adaptation of Kubrick's unmade Napoleon script.

The_Maestro wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 7:25 am
Almost the most sound idea that I've heard regarding his new project so far :D

The_Maestro wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 7:25 am
That's Fukunaga's project now

Nolan's next will be a climbing movie

I keep coming back to this thought:

Nolan would never ever admit this but doesn't it somehow feel like his last two movies have been almost like responses to common conceptions of him. Interstellar feels like a response to the criticism that he's cold and unemotional and cynical. Dunkirk is the response to the complaints that he's overly obsessed with plot and exposition.

In other words, female lead (or even female leads) is almost a certainty I think.

Insomniac wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 8:58 am
I keep coming back to this thought:

Nolan would never ever admit this but doesn't it somehow feel like his last two movies have been almost like responses to common conceptions of him. Interstellar feels like a response to the criticism that he's cold and unemotional and cynical. Dunkirk is the response to the complaints that he's overly obsessed with plot and exposition.

In other words, female lead (or even female leads) is almost a certainty I think.
I’ve felt this too. I think those criticisms were a bit louder however so idk