TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Friends, we know whatever it is, it is likely to genrebend. Very unlikely its just one thing or another. What combination of genres are we getting is the better question!

TeddyBlass wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 8:53 pm
Friends, we know whatever it is, it is likely to genrebend. Very unlikely its just one thing or another. What combination of genres are we getting is the better question!
Exactly! Chalking up Dunkirk or Interstellar to just a WW2 movie and a space travel movie entirely misses the mark on both.I personally think this might be a more family friendly picture in many respects and is aiming for a wider audience.

Doing something family friendly in the vein of something like Hugo could be interesting.

BlairCo wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 9:00 pm
Doing something family friendly in the vein of something like Hugo could be interesting.
My own take is that with this next film he wants to get back to a Batman sized platform worldwide, getting kids and their families to go just makes the chances of it being a massive massive financial success all the more real. Not that Interstellar and Dunkirk are anything to sneeze at; they’re not. Dunkirk is my favorite film of his and a real artistic achievement imho, but he wants domestic and world wide audiences to come out in droves most assuredly.

BlairCo wrote:
and that's it, blair has found the one thing nolan should not do

-Vader

What does "Event" movie mean? Is it a genre?

brah

This place has a purpose again

yeah! :D

Vader182 wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 9:14 pm
BlairCo wrote:
and that's it, blair has found the one thing nolan should not do

-Vader
This’ll be an event film. Hugo is one thing, but still Interstellar was at heart a family story for instance. I don’t think it’s all that impossible he does something closer to Batman this time around. Something that has Nolan’s trademarks but appeals to younger audiences as well as adults, while also being a gigantic IMAX action adventure; that would be something to see and have the potential to hit a billion plus at the box office.

Whatever this ends up being, I’ll go opening night.

Prepare for the newbies to gather like moths to a light.