Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Ace
Every time one of the more reliable scoopers for any of the trades teases a Big story coming up...

Every.Damn.Time

(BTW here is the site with the movie release dates-https://www.movieinsider.com/movies/2020)
Last edited by Ace on January 16th, 2019, 12:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

Bacon wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 9:04 pm
Angus wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 3:20 pm
Also, WB's placeholder dates.

"Untitled Warner Bros. Event Film"
Release Date: August 7, 2020

Release Date: January 15, 2021

Release Date: February 12, 2021

Release Date: May 21, 2021
Source?
These usually stay pretty updated and accurate:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_in_film

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_in_film

Ace wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 10:03 pm
When one of the more reliable scoopers teases a Big story coming and you get excited that some Nolan news may be finally be here...
Wait, did we miss something? What scooper?

Inception was announced on February 11 (2009).

If we've heard nothing by then we only have two conceivable choices; we either kidnap a Nolan associate and torture them until they squeal or we break into the Syncopy offices.

Honestly the more time he takes to refine the script is ALL FOR THE BEST. That goes for any film really. If you have the luxury to do it, you really should.

That surprise Ghostbusters teaser that dropped just goes to show he might be further along than we know.

He better be.

I just want to know that a movie project exists, it's coming in 2020, it's in early pre-production, and the script is done. That's all I need. I don't even need a title or the cast.

My big fear is that nothing is going on, nothing is being developed, and we have a ten year gap before the next film. That would crush me.

Angus wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 10:56 am
He better be.

I just want to know that a movie project exists, it's coming in 2020, it's in early pre-production, and the script is done. That's all I need. I don't even need a title or the cast.

My big fear is that nothing is going on, nothing is being developed, and we have a ten year gap before the next film. That would crush me.
You're actually worried that Nolan isn't working on anything and that he might not make a film for a decade?

His last 4 films were announced in January or February the year before they came out, I don't think it's strange at all that no one knows what the most secretive director in Hollywood is doing next

He's probably already in pre-production, meeting with actors etc. DiCaprio was announced as the lead for Inception about two weeks after the press release announcing the title and release date.

They were filming that within 4 months of the public becoming aware it even existed. Before that absolutely no one had a clue about what was going on.

There will definitely be something happening behind the scenes

Lee Smith is apparently editing Sam Mendes' 1917 so he'll be busy later this year.

Not sure what it means for Nolan #11 but probably nothing good.

Ace
Good find :thumbup:

1917 is supposed to start filming in April and a release date by Christmas which will keep Lee busy for the year.

Lee would know of any plans Nolan has so I doubt he would do a film with someone else if Nolan was planning to film around the same time.
Last edited by Ace on January 18th, 2019, 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Insomniac wrote:
January 18th, 2019, 7:53 am
Lee Smith is apparently editing Sam Mendes' 1917 so he'll be busy later this year.

Not sure what it means for Nolan #11 but probably nothing good.
Very interesting

The majority of Nolans key collaborators have clear schedules at the moment but this changes that