Black Mirror (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I got to enjoy Bandersnatch without guilt, my wife chose all the fucked up decisions, lol.

My main take away from Bandersnatch was “we are all Stefan” in a sense. Netflix only gave us the illusion of choice. We are directed into choices, it kind of felt like that we are being controlled. Thoroughly meta. I really liked it.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 5:32 pm
LelekPL wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 4:37 pm
I chose the option to save his father and kill himself by going with the mother.
I believe this is the true ending, it fits the narrative the most, it's kind of poetic.
So at that option you just let play without clicking anything because the only option was “No”. Interesting I wanna see that ending.
NO
At first you don't have a different option, you'll always say no whether you click or not, but...
as you play along and make your choices you can go back in time, get your toy back from your dad and then you can decide to go with your mom. You basically sacrifice yourself so your dad can live. To get this ending you have to let go of paranoia and not be a dick to your dad.

Along the way I also had different endings - like the Netflix ending, where you can communicate with the protagonist and tell him this is a Netflix show... or one where your investigate PAC or PAX and go further into paranoia and kill your dad. But these choices always reverted me back to the start.

It wasn't until I went with mom on that train that the movie actually ended.

I think the point of the 'true' ending is to see all 5 different ones before it doesn't give you the option to go back. For instance, my 'true ending' was
Stefan in prison but the game is successful

Yeah, at first I confused myself thinking I was doing something wrong, but it does seem you have to go through several “false” endings and loops to get to make the final decisions.
cooldude wrote:
December 29th, 2018, 1:44 am
My main take away from Bandersnatch was “we are all Stefan” in a sense. Netflix only gave us the illusion of choice. We are directed into choices, it kind of felt like that we are being controlled. Thoroughly meta. I really liked it.
I’m sure there’ll be fun and deep analyses of this, but regarding the format, this makes the most sense. Black Mirror thinks free will doesn’t exist, and we get to experience that firsthand.
It makes sense with all of the same-same choices, frustrations the choices we made would cause and continuous loops, that our role in this as a controlling outside force was, at best an illusion. As the film progresses, both Stefan and us gain awareness about feeling not in control of anything lol. Why don’t you care about anyone’s feelings, Black Mirror lol

This was fantastic. It’s been a while since I’ve wanted to go back and watch a movie (episode?) so quickly. My ending was pretty nuts. I chose for Stefan
to steal his bunny back when he was little, and then I had him go with his mum on the 8:45 train where, supposedly, they both die in the crash. It then ends on Stefan in the psychiatrist’s office with a police officer checking his pulse and his dad crying over Stefan’s dead body. The psychiatrist lady says “He was here just a minute ago and then he closed his eyes for a second!”
I was pretty shook.

Went back and got several different endings.
1. Stefan jumps instead of Collin and dies and the game is finished and released by someone else.
2. By choosing the family photo (I think) I received a Netflix option (as who is controlling Stefan) and it fucking hilarious lol.
3. Don't know how but I got the options "TOY" or "PAC" for the password (my first viewing, I got "PAC" or "P.A.C.S" [this one leads to the murder]. By choosing TOY I got the ending where he dies with his mom on the train.
4. Chose "P.A.C.S" and entered the number "20541" an alternative ending where he is caught and the game gets a 2.5/5 rating.
This film is wild lol.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 29th, 2018, 1:29 pm
2. By choosing the family photo (I think) I received a Netflix option (as who is controlling Stefan) and it fucking hilarious lol.
Yeah, that was our ending after several other loops. First we choose to fight the psychiatrist and kicking his dad into his balls. It was hilarious, but we somehow got back to that point again and instead choose to jump out of the window. Suddenly everything was revealed to be just a movie set, and Stefan actually was an actor named Mike and then it ended.

the movie set ending is the only one I haven't gotten yet

Dobson wrote:
December 29th, 2018, 5:38 pm
Yeah, that was our ending after several other loops. First we choose to fight the psychiatrist and kicking his dad into his balls. It was hilarious, but we somehow got back to that point again and instead choose to jump out of the window. Suddenly everything was revealed to be just a movie set, and Stefan actually was an actor named Mike and then it ended.
I went back again so I saw both endings (the one where he walks out screaming and laughing and the movie set). I really those two endings the most even though it's quite over the top. It's funny how the option "YES" and "FUCK YEAH" are the same I was expecting "YES" to have a normal/calm outcome but nope.
But I want to see it for the third time because apparently there is yet another ending with
Colin. I think if you choose "YES" (can he meet the deadline or not) at the end.

Love the meta idea that it's designed to almost make the decisions for you at a point. Did a second run through and noticed tiny changes to scenes which was cool