True Detective (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
August 27th, 2018, 11:55 am
^afraid of a season 2 situation?
Actually I enjoyed S2 and despite some frustrations, didn’t think it was THAT BAD, but yeah, I’m wondering if if’s going to go further downhill. Hopefully not.

I never rewatched season 2, but I do think it fares better if you watch it in like three days or so. Not one episode each week. It did peaked at the end though, season one peaked halfway through.

https://www.gq.com/story/cary-fukunaga-netflix-maniac
Cary Fukunaga isn't entirely sure if he has a reputation for being difficult. But it's something he's heard from time to time. He heard it, obliquely, in the wake of shooting HBO's True Detective—a show that became a phenomenon following the fourth episode, which included a virtuosic, six-minute-long, unbroken tracking shot of Matthew McConaughey stalking his way through a robbery that turns into a bloodbath. Some people, such as the show's creator, Nic Pizzolatto, thought Fukunaga was being willfully idiosyncratic just for insisting on a shot like that. "Nic wanted to cut it up in post-production," Fukunaga says over lunch on a humid summer afternoon in New York, where he lives and where he's currently finishing Maniac, a surrealist Netflix series starring Jonah Hill and Emma Stone as two patients in a pharmaceutical drug trial. "He did not like that I was pushing for that one at all."
WTF :shock:

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
August 27th, 2018, 6:12 pm
https://www.gq.com/story/cary-fukunaga-netflix-maniac
Cary Fukunaga isn't entirely sure if he has a reputation for being difficult. But it's something he's heard from time to time. He heard it, obliquely, in the wake of shooting HBO's True Detective—a show that became a phenomenon following the fourth episode, which included a virtuosic, six-minute-long, unbroken tracking shot of Matthew McConaughey stalking his way through a robbery that turns into a bloodbath. Some people, such as the show's creator, Nic Pizzolatto, thought Fukunaga was being willfully idiosyncratic just for insisting on a shot like that. "Nic wanted to cut it up in post-production," Fukunaga says over lunch on a humid summer afternoon in New York, where he lives and where he's currently finishing Maniac, a surrealist Netflix series starring Jonah Hill and Emma Stone as two patients in a pharmaceutical drug trial. "He did not like that I was pushing for that one at all."
WTF :shock:
Well thank fuck that didn't end up in the post production room.

I hope that Nic is smarter now, with 3rd season, than he was back then.

Well Pizzolatto is a writer and Fukunaga is a director, so I'm not that surprised by this. But luckily we got one of the most memorable scenes on TV in the end.

Returns January 13, 2019.

Nice pics
I still don't have much faith though
That second season was so... Bad
Pizzolatto's ego was the issue, I hope he has checked it at the door, and truly lets the directors do their thing.

Peace wrote:
October 11th, 2018, 2:48 pm
Nice pics
Pizzolatto's ego was the issue, I hope he has checked it at the door, and truly lets the directors do their thing.
Considering Saulnier got fired...

Allstar wrote:
October 11th, 2018, 3:13 pm
Peace wrote:
October 11th, 2018, 2:48 pm
Nice pics
Considering Saulnier got fired...
Yeah he is a fuckin prick lol