Venom (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
They went, not just McFarlane, but full on Erik Larsen with that jaw.

I fucking love the design, and it looks great in motion too.

Having a hard time in understanding what on earth Venom is saying in these trailers,other than ' We are Venom ! '
Not helped either with Hardy's accent being all over the place.

Hardy peaked with Bronson. Has been very average since.

90s Venom brings a lot of childhood memories.

The only way I can reconcile all this is if it's a remake of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, with the symbiote as Roger and Eddie as Eddie

Otherwise it looks like a thoroughly insane miscalculation

ArmandFancypants wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 3:15 am
The only way I can reconcile all this is if it's a remake of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, with the symbiote as Roger and Eddie as Eddie

Otherwise it looks like a thoroughly insane miscalculation
24 mil. views on Sony page alone, in three days. It’s going to be bad and people will pay the money to see it, Venom is insanely popular still.

I can see that it's a direct quote, I can see that it's faithful to the original (I guess), still... lines such as these sounded extremely awkward in the trailer.

DHOPW42 wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 5:27 am
I can see that it's a direct quote, I can see that it's faithful to the original (I guess), still... lines such as these sounded extremely awkward in the trailer.
But that’s the point, it’s 90s Venom, it was terrible then, it’s terrible now. It’s just that character itself was always cool despite not actually having top quality written arcs. McFarlane’s awesome look is what sold him, the edgyness of being Spidey’s negative etc.

Only nowadays, actually only several weeks old, Venom writers and artists are trying to explore more of its lore. He’s becoming a formidable 3D character as we speak (not counting Anti-Venom, Flash Thompson as Agent Venom etc., talking Eddie Brock here). That’s not what this movie is aiming for.

Here are the reviews for Venom #1, it’s a critical and commercial success:
https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-book ... m-(2018)/1

Here’s a bit of the insane art:

Infidel wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 4:41 pm
Hardy peaked with Bronson. Has been very average since.
Ridiculous.