2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
anikom15 wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 3:17 pm
Infidel wrote:
July 29th, 2018, 3:14 pm
Nolan and company really fucked this up. God only knows what would've happened to Barry Lyndon if he got his paws around it. Thankfully I have the original Blu-ray transfer to maintain a healthy head.
That Blu-Ray transfer replaced the original Warner Bros. logo so I’m sure it commits some other atrocities.
Sure, almost as much an atrocity as The Dark Knight Rises.

Infidel wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 4:37 pm
Seriously, who is this? :roll:

Nistopher Colon wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 5:51 pm
Infidel wrote:
Seriously, who is this? :roll:
Are you watching closely?

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 11:38 am
As part of the the 50th anniversary of Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey, Warner Bros. is releasing the pic in 350 Imax theaters for one week on Aug. 24. The announcement was made today by Jeff Goldstein, President, Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures today. The release is being touted as the first time the landmark sci-fi film is being seen on the largest screen possible.

The Imax run follows an “unrestored” 70mm film release of 2001: A Space Odyssey, which was overseen by Dark Knight filmmaker and Kubrick fan Christopher Nolan.

Four select Imax theaters will show the 70MM print of the film: AMC Universal Citywalk IMAX, Universal City, AMC Lincoln Square IMAX, New York City, AMC Metreon IMAX, San Francisco, and Ontario Place Cinesphere IMAX, Toronto. The Imax 70MM ‘unrestored’ print was created via a true photochemical film recreation struck from new printing elements made from the original camera negative with no digital tricks, remastered effects, or revisionist edits. Additional Imax venues will be showing a brand new 4K restoration of the sci-fi film in Imax with Laser and Imax Xenon projection formats. Tickets go on sale this Friday. 2001: A Space Odyssey was first released in April 4, 1968.
https://deadline.com/2018/08/2001-a-spa ... 202438062/
not making the same mistake that i did for TDK tickets - i will be there for this

Infidel wrote:
anikom15 wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 3:17 pm
Infidel wrote:
July 29th, 2018, 3:14 pm
Nolan and company really fucked this up. God only knows what would've happened to Barry Lyndon if he got his paws around it. Thankfully I have the original Blu-ray transfer to maintain a healthy head.
That Blu-Ray transfer replaced the original Warner Bros. logo so I’m sure it commits some other atrocities.
You are an atrocity.

Why are there only four 70mm showings? There's not even one in the Space and Rocket Center ffs

Bacon wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 11:59 pm
Why are there only four 70mm showings? There's not even one in the Space and Rocket Center ffs
i don't think they're doing domes, and if i'm understanding correctly, the 4 theaters are the only ones that have the 70mm projectors readily available and not in storage or whatever. plus, it's only showing for a week, so the logistical cost of pulling out projectors and making more prints probably isn't worth it, in WB/IMAX's eyes

anyways, i got tickets to the one in L.A. which is at least some consolation to missing the opportunity to grab ones for TDK

Finally got tickets for this Sunday, can't wait. It's the most expensive theater ticket I've ever paid for, since I'm also flying to and from Oslo only for the screening
Hopefully it's worth it.

Just purchased tickets to a Q&A screening with Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood next Friday.

you lucky sob

Btw, there's a 4K blu-ray of this. However, it's not sourced from Nolan and Hoytema's new print.