FIFA 2018 World Cup | Russia

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.

DREAMER wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 10:40 am
Wildcard: England and Croatia
;)

Think Croatia will just have too much for us.Should be a cracking game though.

Fun game, was great to see a more aggressive Russia this time around. And my God, is this the championship of amazing goalkeeper saves.

I won $400 on the quarters, which is the most I've ever won in anything. Now the Belgium-England dream final is just around the corner.

DREAMER wrote:
July 7th, 2018, 5:07 pm
DREAMER wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 10:40 am
Wildcard: England and Croatia
;)

Think Croatia will just have too much for us.Should be a cracking game though.
Anything goes but yeah... can’t wait!

I was eleven and watched our team in France 98, we lost to them (1:2) and won against Netherlands for the bronze. This, 20 years later, feels like a dream come true. Whatever happens we already did our best tonight, well done!

I've always admired Croatia's football team.They usually have that one standout individual,whether that is Prosinecki, Suker and now the little maestro Modric, who's a absolute joy to watch.
For me England have achieved something I'd thought I wouldn't witness this summer,and that's a pride in watching them perform.Too long have they been individualist and ego driven.Players caring more about their club teams than the national one.This ,touch wood,seems to be changing.

Yess Croatia!

I hope Belgium will get to the final match, preferably opposite either Croatia or England.

Nomis wrote:
July 7th, 2018, 5:58 pm
Yess Croatia!

I hope Belgium will get to the final match, preferably opposite either Croatia or England.
Bold strategy, cotton

This was one of thoses strange championships where the four most deserving teams all made it into the semi final.£

It's gonna be Belgium, cuz they have Thierry's magical sparkling beard on their side