Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This would be the first Kennedy era film that couldn't get an "A" from cinemascore.£

Joshua Strong wrote:
May 24th, 2018, 7:01 pm
Solo is good, I really enjoyed it.

While I think Last Jedi is a bad movie due to its terrible execution, I love what it tried to do with the mythology. That being said I think Solo is a good palette cleanser for people who didn't like Last Jedi and wanted something more traditional.

I really loved the underworld that the film presented. Hopefully, it is explored more in other anthology films. And this is easily the best shot Star Wars film since Disney bought Lucasfilm, maybe in the entire franchise. You can always tell what was reshoot in a movie (Justice Leauge, Fant4stic) but nothing stood out until the very end of the movie.

Alden Ehrenreich was pretty good in it. I had a huge problem with him being cast because he doesn't really look like Harrison Ford but my friend told me to think of it as him playing Han Solo and not as him playing Harrison Ford and that made me come around.

The movie also has possibly the coolest, vibe-y scene in any Star Wars film.
Saw this a few nights ago,
just out of curiosity... what scene are you referring too as being one of the most "cool, vibe-y scene in any Star Wars film"????

Master Virgo wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 9:50 am
This would be the first Kennedy era film that couldn't get an "A" from cinemascore.£
Derek Connolly's masterpiece Monster Trucks stays winning with its A Cinemascore.

Cinemascore is just in opening night in a handful of U.S. theaters in the biggest cities and only like 19 movies have ever gotten a 'do not pass'.

$35.6M FRI w/ THU pre-shows as 40% of total, similar to #RogueOne's 41%. 3day #boxoffice gross may hit $90M & 4day #MemorialDayWeekend2018 gross could be $110M.

-Vader

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 12:40 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 9:50 am
Derek Connolly's masterpiece Monster Trucks stays winning with its A Cinemascore.

Cinemascore is just in opening night in a handful of U.S. theaters in the biggest cities and only like 19 movies have ever gotten a 'do not pass'.
Damn, it still bothers you that Jedi got an A, doesn't it?£

Master Virgo wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 1:22 pm
Damn, it still bothers you that Jedi got an A, doesn't it?£

Oh look, the other guy also arrived. You two should seriously consider making a two members club for throwing random negative remarks about Jedi. Maybe that would finally ease your obsessions with it a bit.£

I liked The Last Jedi? Your remark was just the kind to egg on a bad discussion, has nothing to do with my like for TLJ (consult your NFometer).

Reviewers calling Solo a 'palette cleanser' should reconsider their careers.

Bacon wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 2:09 pm
I liked The Last Jedi? Your remark was just the kind to egg on a bad discussion, has nothing to do with my like for TLJ (consult your NFometer).
I mean, you do go out of your way to criticize it and Johnson whenever possible lol

also, m4, worse yet is when it's called a 'course correction' from TLJ as if both movies weren't largely in the can a long time ago.

-Vader