Watchmen (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
‘Watchmen’ Pilot From Damon Lindelof Ordered by HBO
HBO has ordered a pilot for “Watchmen,” the new drama series it is developing with “The Leftovers” creator Damon Lindelof.

The premium service has also committed to additional backup scripts for the series. HBO confirmed the pilot order and script commitment Wednesday, one day after Lindelof teased on Instagram that work had begun in the writers room on the project.

Nice. I wonder how they'll approach the costume dep. since Snyder and Co. practically did 1:1 with Dave Gibbons. Will it even be the cold war?

Just bring the whole Leftovers gang back.

I can't really get that excited for this show. Snyder already did a 1:1 translation with his film and with some success. This just feels unnecessary at this point.

Yeah it doesn't seem 100% necessary...but after The Leftovers, I'm watching anything from Lindelof

Now Where Was I ? wrote:But after The Leftovers, I'm watching anything from Lindelof

So stoked for this. LOST is my all time favorite TV series, and Leftovers was great too.

WATCHMEN HBO TV Series Character Breakdowns Are Most Definitely Not What Fans Will Be Expecting
We already knew that Damon Lindelof's upcoming HBO Watchmen series wouldn't be a direct adaptation of Alan Moore's classic tale, but based on some new details about the show's characters, it doesn't appear to be any kind of adaptation whatsoever.

The guys over at That Hashtag Show have shared some descriptions for the show's main players, and there doesn't appear to be a single recognisable character among them.
Angela Abraham: African-American female cop. Independent and intelligent, she's also a realist. She's married to Cal, with whom she has a daughter and is fiercely protective of them both.

Cal Abraham: African-American male who is the stay-at-home husband of Angela. While he seems at home as the king of his castle and being a loving husband and father, it's clear his past has a different story to tell.

Looking Glass: A good looking cop, the native Oklahoman isn't simple as his rural accent makes him appear to be. A top interrogator and behavioral scientist, he may also be a bit of a sociopath.

Panda: An ethnic desk cop, he's cynical and tough and puts his job first. Not a friend to many, he uses comedy to keep people at bay.

Red Scare: Mafioso, track suit wearing cop. His Russian accent lends to his abrasiveness.

Pirate Jenny: An androgynous and lustful bisexual cop, Jenny is an anarchist at heart.

Jane Crawford: The wife of the police chief, Judd, Jane is a veterinarian who's sharper than her guarded persona lets on.

Old Man: A former cop who is still an imposing figure despite his age.
So, the Watchmen TV pilot will be about... a bunch of Oklahoma police officers?

There are a couple of possibilities here. For one, the names and even the breakdowns could be faked in order to throw people off; or, the descriptions are real and the show is going to be about a bunch of Oklahoma Police officers!

If you've read Moore's comic you'll know that the cops did have a small presence, and were known for having it in for the costumed vigilantes that began to do their jobs for them. Is there a chance Lindelof and co. have based the series around that premise?

We'll just have to wait and see, but in the meantime be sure to let us know what you think in the usual place.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/watchmen ... ng-a160090

Pratham wrote:
April 29th, 2018, 1:03 am
WATCHMEN HBO TV Series Character Breakdowns Are Most Definitely Not What Fans Will Be Expecting
We already knew that Damon Lindelof's upcoming HBO Watchmen series wouldn't be a direct adaptation of Alan Moore's classic tale, but based on some new details about the show's characters, it doesn't appear to be any kind of adaptation whatsoever.

The guys over at That Hashtag Show have shared some descriptions for the show's main players, and there doesn't appear to be a single recognisable character among them.
Angela Abraham: African-American female cop. Independent and intelligent, she's also a realist. She's married to Cal, with whom she has a daughter and is fiercely protective of them both.

Cal Abraham: African-American male who is the stay-at-home husband of Angela. While he seems at home as the king of his castle and being a loving husband and father, it's clear his past has a different story to tell.

Looking Glass: A good looking cop, the native Oklahoman isn't simple as his rural accent makes him appear to be. A top interrogator and behavioral scientist, he may also be a bit of a sociopath.

Panda: An ethnic desk cop, he's cynical and tough and puts his job first. Not a friend to many, he uses comedy to keep people at bay.

Red Scare: Mafioso, track suit wearing cop. His Russian accent lends to his abrasiveness.

Pirate Jenny: An androgynous and lustful bisexual cop, Jenny is an anarchist at heart.

Jane Crawford: The wife of the police chief, Judd, Jane is a veterinarian who's sharper than her guarded persona lets on.

Old Man: A former cop who is still an imposing figure despite his age.
So, the Watchmen TV pilot will be about... a bunch of Oklahoma police officers?

There are a couple of possibilities here. For one, the names and even the breakdowns could be faked in order to throw people off; or, the descriptions are real and the show is going to be about a bunch of Oklahoma Police officers!

If you've read Moore's comic you'll know that the cops did have a small presence, and were known for having it in for the costumed vigilantes that began to do their jobs for them. Is there a chance Lindelof and co. have based the series around that premise?

We'll just have to wait and see, but in the meantime be sure to let us know what you think in the usual place.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/watchmen ... ng-a160090
Damon<3<3 The Leftovers is one of my favourite series so far, I can't wait to see what this man has to offer.

And few days ago, he said that he wanted to make something in the style of Noah Hawley's Fargo, so if we look closely, it appears that he will recreate the same approach, different new characters but in the same vein of the Watchmen's universe.

Very intriguing.

that sounds good

Who watches the Watchmen?

I guess these guys.