God of War (PS4): The Godfather

A place to discuss music and video games.
Played for about 3 hours and am loving the game so far. Like it was mentioned the combat is more challenging and involves more strategy. Loving all the options and having to decide how I use them. The graphics are jaw dropping.

SolidMel10 wrote:
April 20th, 2018, 11:31 pm
Played for about 3 hours and am loving the game so far. Like it was mentioned the combat is more challenging and involves more strategy. Loving all the options and having to decide how I use them. The graphics are jaw dropping.
What are you playing on? I'm on PRO but using a standard TV with supersampling, resolution mode. Jaw dropping. Helps that production design really, REALLY nailed it. There's lots of variety in this game.
God of War (Santa Monica)
Spider-Man (Insomniac)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
The Last of Us: Part II (Naugty Dog)
Death Stranding (KojiPro)
Cyberpunk (CDPR)
...in my veins. Not buying the 4k until TLOU though.

This game does the side quests like Witcher 3.

So do we get to kill Thor in this?£

Master Virgo wrote:
April 21st, 2018, 12:23 pm
So do we get to kill Thor in this?£

I just had the most epic boss fight...

...but it wasn't Thor.

m4st4 wrote:
April 21st, 2018, 12:16 am
SolidMel10 wrote:
April 20th, 2018, 11:31 pm
What are you playing on? I'm on PRO but using a standard TV with supersampling, resolution mode. Jaw dropping. Helps that production design really, REALLY nailed it. There's lots of variety in this game.
I am playing on a regular PS4. Looks amazing. Loving the side quests and exploration.

There's only a handful of NPC characters in God of War and, while all of them are well developed and nuanced, the best one I believe arrives later in the game and it's as if Neil Gaiman himself possessed Cory Barlog's pen and paper, just brilliant ideas all around.

I'm excited for whatever is coming next because this world is full of genuine surprises around every corner, from both gameplay and narrative perspective.

Man, I could say that fella was Jeremy Davies from a mile away, lol. Also I love that they changed Kratos' voice actor. This is a much more suitable voice for this new version of the character.£

I just finished the main story and before me is the New Game+... sort of. It just continues so you can finish everything else.

Man, what a fucking ride. I need to think about a lot of the stuff right now, so many twists and turns. SPOILERS GALORE! Not here though, don't worry... Mr.Barlog practically handed SSM a perfect trilogy on a silver platter. But who's going to rise up and finish the task? Cory did his absolute killer best and is doing a new IP next.

This game, along with Nier Automata and Bloodborne, is my GOTG... and certainly TOP 10 personal entry, right there with above mentioned games, Witcher 3 and TLOU. Yes, it is THAT fantastic and THAT important for gaming industry.

I need to take some rest... played for six hours straight because it was simply impossible to stop once it took off today. Just... :cry: :clap: :clap: :clap: