Annihilation (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I legit couldn’t sleep after that finale, it’s been a long time since a movie affected me like that.

I couldn't give the movie a 9 or above like I do movies like Sunshine or Black Swan because it just wasn't as slickly made as those movies are. Garland still has room to grow as a director. But I'll be buying a copy of this nonetheless. 8-)

I’m excited to see what Garland does next especially after the finale.

Is this scary? I'm considering watching this alone tonight, but I'm a fucking pussy.

prowlercomesaround wrote:
March 19th, 2018, 8:19 am
Is this scary? I'm considering watching this alone tonight, but I'm a fucking pussy.
Depends. I adore horror and I thought the final segment was so unnerving that it legit disturbed me for a good while. But that’s cosmic horror for you, fear of the unknown... materialized. Watch it I say, it’s a damn good movie.

Best watched on a big properly calibrated screen, great sound system, and in the dark. Maybe not alone! I didn't watch it at the theater alone.

I'd say unnerving.

Besides a few moments, more unsettling than pure scary.

Well-known professional dancer did a reenactment/interpretation of the finale of this movie:

i had the pleasure of watching this alone at night and it freaked me out

i'm probably "sleeping" with a tv on or something