Ready Player One (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Spielberg is the living embodiment of what Tarantino was calling «flaccid-dick movies» for directors after 60. The guy is hurting his legacy a little bit more with each new film for me.

Tarantino's not right for everyone of course. Scorsese and Lynch are arguably still at their peak in their 70s but Spielberg should just retire

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
March 9th, 2018, 7:29 pm
Spielberg is the living embodiment of what Tarantino was calling «flaccid-dick movies» for directors after 60. The guy is hurting his legacy a little bit more with each new film for me.

Tarantino's not right for everyone of course. Scorsese and Lynch are arguably still at their peak in their 70s but Spielberg should just retire
But he made one of his greatest films just 7 years ago, and a superb one 3 years ago

i’ve had this argument too many times on here

but if a bad decade includes, Lincoln, Bridge of Spies, The Post, and Tintin...

regardless, i don’t think this looks very good rn i’m hoping i’m wrong

ArmandFancypants wrote:
March 9th, 2018, 7:36 pm
Now Where Was I ? wrote:

But he made one of his greatest films just 7 years ago, and a superb one 3 years ago
Tintin? War Horse? One of his greatest films? Those are middling films for him.
Last edited by bootsy on March 9th, 2018, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Spielberg should just retire
what the fuck is wrong with you

bootsy wrote:
March 9th, 2018, 8:15 pm
ArmandFancypants wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:

Lincoln - Sorry, 6 years

if all Spielberg did for the rest of his career was make movies like War Horse, Tintin and The Post I'd be delighted.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
March 9th, 2018, 9:53 pm
if all Spielberg did for the rest of his career was make movies like War Horse, Tintin and The Post I'd be delighted.

-Vader
It would be particularly Hawksian of him

People should work for as long as they can and enjoy their work, fuck the haters.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
March 9th, 2018, 9:51 pm
bootsy wrote:
March 9th, 2018, 8:15 pm
ArmandFancypants wrote:

Lincoln - Sorry, 6 years
Still haven't seen that one.