Dunkirk Awards Season Discussion Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Sanchez wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 12:19 am
Nolan recieved the least amount of applause out of all of them. What the actual fuck
He doesn't play the political game + he's a white male.

Honestly though considering these people probably voted either Shape of Water or Get Out For best picture... is their esteem and opinion really worth anything of value?
They are virtue signaling idiots.

radewart wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 12:22 am
I'll never understand as long as I live why the Academy felt that Del Toro either needed to be awarded for this particular average film or a recognition for his solid, but lesser filmography compared to Nolan. It's nonsensical.

They wanted to make a political statement. Case closed

People are still complaining about this stuff? Move on, folks.

HorrorBiz wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 1:00 am
People are still complaining about this stuff? Move on, folks.
People are complaining because it's dumb. They should change the prefix from 'best' to 'most important'.

radewart wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 12:22 am
I'll never understand as long as I live why the Academy felt that Del Toro either needed to be awarded for this particular average film or a recognition for his solid, but lesser filmography compared to Nolan. It's nonsensical.
Look at the history of the Academy when it comes to it's biggest award. They almost never give the award to the best film of that year. I think TSOW was a little better than average but definitely not worthy of winning but that's how it's almost always been.

It's easy to see that no one gives a fuck about Nolan, and when his name's brought up, he received the coldest reception. That's just sad.

I think one of the reason is that at the outside, he isnt very likable. It's easy to misunderstand his non-emotion face with being snobbish, rude and arrogant (I heard this complain all the time and I can understand why people think that). Also his smug 'losing face' isn't doing him favors. He undoubtely didnt mean it, but it looked so disrespectful LOL

I Am The Night wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 1:22 am
Also his smug 'losing face' isn't doing him favors. He undoubtely didnt mean it, but it looked so disrespectful LOL
That wasn't his loosing face. He always looks like that. Doubt anyone will look at that footage and call him a cold person. Not everyone is filled with emotions.

Sanchez wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 1:24 am
I Am The Night wrote:
Also his smug 'losing face' isn't doing him favors. He undoubtely didnt mean it, but it looked so disrespectful LOL
That wasn't his loosing face. He always looks like that. Doubt anyone will look at that footage and call him a cold person. Not everyone is filled with emotions.
That's why I said it's easy to misunderstand him. He did the same face when he lost at the BAFTA.

What losing face? I didn't see it

I Am The Night wrote:
and when his name's brought up, he received the coldest reception. That's just sad.
I didn't watch it live and was planning to watch each category on Youtube or something. This makes me feel disappointed and don't want to watch the Director category. That's just disrespectful to the guy :blank: Poor Chris