The Shape of Water (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
Allstar wrote:
March 4th, 2018, 2:29 am
It’s sort of hilarious how Bacon thinks he’s some kind of film scholar now.
He's growing

>Says movie has issues
>acting like a film snob
>Allstar logic

Law wrote:
March 4th, 2018, 3:54 am
Allstar wrote:
He's growing
Indeed. Bacon is developing (good) taste, which certainly isn’t representative of nowadays youth.

Allstar wrote:
fake it till you make it

also, dude you're an asshole.

That isn't news (nobody likes you, lol), but jesus. You're currently picking on someone trying to grow into their interest on a deeper level, which is an awesome thing for someone to do. I know you post here just to stir the pot for attention, but regardless it's pathetic.

-Vader

Bacon has managed to develop -- and is still developing -- his tastes and demeanor in the last 8 years of his experience on this forum whereas Allstar has somehow managed to stay being Allstar.

Also, dissing Bacon as some freshman is something way way past its expiry date, and I say that as someone who formerly found him annoying prior to my absence.

DreamPolice wrote:
March 4th, 2018, 4:20 am
Bacon has managed to develop -- and is still developing -- his tastes and demeanor in the last 8 years of his experience on this forum whereas Allstar has somehow managed to stay being Allstar.

Also, dissing Bacon as some freshman is something way way past its expiry date, and I say that as someone who formerly found him annoying prior to my absence.
Amen. But allstar will find a way to spin even that into ‘lol guys I was kidding’. Sure thing.

I won’t take a thing back. Bacon has been the one dismissing opinions lately, not me.

Allstar wrote:
March 4th, 2018, 4:29 am
I won’t take a thing back. Bacon has been the one dismissing opinions lately, not me.

Quoting ‘lol’ under anyone’s opinion is not the way, but that’s not the issue here.

That is the issue actually.

Just saw the film. Sally Hawkins is amazing, but I was shock by Michael Stuhlbarg's performance. It was incredible. If he got more buzz for TSOW he'd probably end up a nominee, even a threat to win. Jenkins was good. Octavia Spencer was decent but Michael Shannon was fucking mediocre.

Del Toro's directing is quite showy, but inconsistent. Some sequences was absolutely perfect, some was mediocre. Overall I'm fine with him taking the Oscar for Best Director, although Nolan's directing is as good, if not better.

About the score, it's fucking autopilot. The whole score of this film based on only 1 opening song. That song is very beautiful and touching but as a whole I'd say this is a forgettable score. Nolan's film was clearly snubbed this time (still think Grand Budapest Hotel's score was absolutely perfect and deserved to win against Interstellar).