Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
War film by Nolan.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is so exciting! I don't feel this is going to be a WWII film specifically. I feel this has given more fuel to my belief that his next film will be none other than James Bond.... I can never shake off the feeling that Bond will be his next film, I've been thinking of it constantly and it has always been in my top 3 guesses of what his next film is going to be.

This sequence filmed in France I believe is most likely going to be a flashback to either James' father or someone tied to Bond's memory of escaping Dunkirk in WWII. We all know how grounded his films are and this will be his chance to pay homage or respect to the british soldiers in WWII.

Another reason why I still believe that Bond is going to be Nolan's next film is so many things are still in the air with Daniel Craig which has slowed down a lot of the development and announcement. I mean Spectre had so many Nolan Alums like Lee Smith(Editor), Chris Corobold(Special effects) and Hoyte Van Hoytema (Cinematographer).

Either way, I don't think it's as simple as a WWII drama film not with that release date and while Nolan grounds the s*** out of his films he will never straight up adapt real historical events... Either way we probably just found out a huge piece of this Nolan project and I couldn't be anymore excited. :D :gonf:

Very interesting. Bring on a David Lean-esque war film. Or perhaps it will something entirely different.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a sci-fi with war elements and time travel.

henrywc wrote:This is so exciting! I don't feel this is going to be a WWII film specifically. I feel this has given more fuel to my belief that his next film will be none other than James Bond.... I can never shake off the feeling that Bond will be his next film, I've been thinking of it constantly and it has always been in my top 3 guesses of what his next film is going to be.

This sequence filmed in France I believe is most likely going to be a flashback to either James' father or someone tied to Bond's memory of escaping Dunkirk in WWII. We all know how grounded his films are and this will be his chance to pay homage or respect to the british soldiers in WWII.

Another reason why I still believe that Bond is going to be Nolan's next film is so many things are still in the air with Daniel Craig which has slowed down a lot of the development and announcement. I mean Spectre had so many Nolan Alums like Lee Smith(Editor), Chris Corobold(Special effects) and Hoyte Van Hoytema (Cinematographer).

Either way, I don't think it's as simple as a WWII drama film not with that release date and while Nolan grounds the s*** out of his films he will never straight up adapt real historical events... Either way we probably just found out a huge piece of this Nolan project and I couldn't be anymore excited. :D :gonf:
Sorry to say but it's not happening man. He's spending a lot of time in France. He's not working on a franchise movie.

His Doctor Zhivago confirmed

I can see that being a main influence.

MyCocaine wrote:Very interesting. Bring on a David Lean-esque war film. Or perhaps it will something entirely different.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a sci-fi with war elements and time travel.
Oddly enough, I want to see him doing a more conventional film. No sci-fi or time travel this time.

Seems I'm a little late to th-HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK. YESSSS!!!!

Nolan right now is eating a baguette and reading the local newspaper. He is not happy.

Nolan is coming for that Oscar. The thirst is real.