Who's seen Following?

The 1998 feature film about a young writer who follows strangers for material meets a thief who takes him under his wing.
Erik wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:I was able to get in contact with one of my classmates who can get me Following! I've never seen the movie before, I don't think it has ever came out here in Hungary, so I'm a bit lucky!
It was only released in the UK.
I'm still hoping to get a copy, I've seen it on YouTube, but I want the DVD. I'm quite lucky that my brother's girlfriend is from Scotland. She was able to get me the Cinema 16 DVD too :)
In deepdiscount.com you can get the DVD cheap with free shipping. But since you're from Lieden you might wanna consider checking first

First of all, Leiden is spelled with e-i, instead of i-e.
Second: shippingcost is not free when it has to go overseas.

I'll just use my Scotish 'kind of' siter in law :)
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:First of all, Leiden is spelled with e-i, instead of i-e.
Second: shippingcost is not free when it has to go overseas.

I'll just use my Scotish 'kind of' siter in law :)
:thumbup:

It was a great movie. It could've been longer though. I like how it plays with the viewers

I have one question though. Why does it say: "From the director of Memento" if Following was made in 1998 and Memento was made in 2000 :?:

dagn96 wrote:I have one question though. Why does it say: "From the director of Memento" if Following was made in 1998 and Memento was made in 2000 :?:
I'm sure you saw a version of the film that was re-released after Memento. You know, an improved DVD or something.

DHOPW42 wrote:
dagn96 wrote:I have one question though. Why does it say: "From the director of Memento" if Following was made in 1998 and Memento was made in 2000 :?:
I'm sure you saw a version of the film that was re-released after Memento. You know, an improved DVD or something.
What you said. My thought the first time too.

I've seen it and thought it was a phenomenal movie. It took me a bit to figure out the scene sequences because of the non-linear plot structure but it is definetely a great movie, very underrated.

"Probably because they needed to fit the budget and shooting schedule (they shot it over a course of a year. D:) so 70 minutes doesn't surprise me."

"It was a great movie. It could've been longer though. I like how it plays with the viewers"

It was gonna be 90 mins long, but Chris Nolan's parents house in London was robbed during the making of the film. So they had to cut or never film certain scenes from the original script.
It is a great film that I have had on DVD for a while now, but i havn't seen his first two shorts. Seen Doodlebug which was an average short being honest, but It's nice to see how he started off.