Who's seen Following?

The 1998 feature film about a young writer who follows strangers for material meets a thief who takes him under his wing.
Let us know what you think! I'd be very impressed with your taste in film if you come out "more" than just "liking" this film. :D

Chief Squancho wrote:Following is pretty fantastic, especially given that it was filmed on a budget of something like US$6000. Beyond the fact that the movie's good in its own right I also liked listening to the director's commentary and learning how the film was made so well with so little.
Yea, the budget really suprises me. A great movie with practically no budget at all.

Wauw, I'm certainly going to watch Following this weekend. Didn't know it was up there!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Alright, I just watched it, and I have to say that I loved it!
It's a very clever movie, both in writing as in directing. Deffinately a must-see for the fans!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:Alright, I just watched it, and I have to say that I loved it!
It's a very clever movie, both in writing as in directing. Deffinately a must-see for the fans!
agree whole-heatedly.

Erik wrote:Alright, I just watched it, and I have to say that I loved it!
Yup, its great. And I like how it was kept to a quick 70 minutes rather than trying to stretch things out to fit the typical 90-minute film length.

Probably because they needed to fit the budget and shooting schedule (they shot it over a course of a year. D:) so 70 minutes doesn't surprise me.

I was able to get in contact with one of my classmates who can get me Following! I've never seen the movie before, I don't think it has ever came out here in Hungary, so I'm a bit lucky!

DHOPW42 wrote:I was able to get in contact with one of my classmates who can get me Following! I've never seen the movie before, I don't think it has ever came out here in Hungary, so I'm a bit lucky!
It was only released in the UK.
I'm still hoping to get a copy, I've seen it on YouTube, but I want the DVD. I'm quite lucky that my brother's girlfriend is from Scotland. She was able to get me the Cinema 16 DVD too :)