Doodle Bug

Tarantella (1989), Larceny (1996), Doodlebug (1997), and Quay (2015)
Max
This short film is really interesting and we can see and other "Nolan's touch", what I mean is that in this short film we are strongly focus on the character thanks to the mise-en-scène and the visual effects. A things that we can see in lot of his film like Memento or The Prestige and also Insomnia.

This short film is on youtube if you want to see it (but in a really bad quality). Or it's on the dvd Insomnia (at least in french edition)

I saw this one on YouTube, though I already knew I wanted it on DVD.

Last Christmas, I got the Cinema 16: British Short Films DVD which includes Doodlebug. It's a funny short movie, though it ain't much of a story.
Director commentary was interresting though!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:Director commentary was interresting though!
What did Nolan say in the commentary?

Really interesting short film. I got it off that Cinema 16 DVD as well, and I have to say, Doodle Bug was the only interesting short on there.

chee wrote:Really interesting short film. I got it off that Cinema 16 DVD as well, and I have to say, Doodle Bug was the only interesting short on there.
I disagree, 'About A Girl' blew me away!
There were a few more that I liked, but the best two where Doodlebug and About A Girl.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:
chee wrote:Really interesting short film. I got it off that Cinema 16 DVD as well, and I have to say, Doodle Bug was the only interesting short on there.
I disagree, 'About A Girl' blew me away!
There were a few more that I liked, but the best two where Doodlebug and About A Girl.
I don't think I watched that one. I skipped a couple. :P

Well, I hate to say it, but About A Girl is better then Doodlebug!

If its on youtube I'll watch it. :)

It's a very interesting short

Doodlebug gave me a good chuckle. It's okay, not fantastic. It's a small concept and you see that even in such smaller scope film ideas, Nolan plants interesting themes. Still, it's alright but I'm not exactly blown away.