The Official Nolan Fans v3 Feature Requests Thread

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
User avatar
Posts: 13914
Joined: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
chee wrote:
Pratham wrote:User tagging feature would be useful.
For example, this post here on a forum 'TechEnclave'

http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deals-di ... ost1690646

mentions members varkey and SoulFire, though neither of them has contributed to thread earlier.
Only thing I fear is, unlike that forum which is heavily moderated, this feature might be abused here.
Shit, even I would abuse the tagging system. Have you seen the shit I put in my tumblr tags?

Unless we have default tags that members can choose from.
Actually, you can tag only member of the forum (like Facebook). And the tagged member receives a notification.
But even that much is enough to annoy NF members. Imagine solo and based receiving 28 notifications in one hour for tags in random posts. :lol:
gib sigs

Posts: 12
Joined: July 2012
I bet this has been requested a thousand times, but how about a delete-button? I mean... what do you do with stupid newbies like me? Throw them straight out when they make the first mistake? I have never been on a forum where I can't delete or modify my own posts. Can some mod please delete my last message? Please? I didn't use spoiler tags. These kind of things would be a lot easier for you mods and the users if the forum had a modify- or/and delete-button. I broke the rules and will probably be flying out of here, but you should really consider the delete button at least, if not modify.

User avatar
Posts: 17502
Joined: May 2011
I still think a go to page # tool would be cool.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Posts: 13622
Joined: June 2009
Location: Florida
hollow head wrote:I bet this has been requested a thousand times, but how about a delete-button? I mean... what do you do with stupid newbies like me? Throw them straight out when they make the first mistake? I have never been on a forum where I can't delete or modify my own posts. Can some mod please delete my last message? Please? I didn't use spoiler tags. These kind of things would be a lot easier for you mods and the users if the forum had a modify- or/and delete-button. I broke the rules and will probably be flying out of here, but you should really consider the delete button at least, if not modify.
I think the delete button goes away after 5 minutes and the edit after 30 minutes, not sure if they changed it though. This has been brought up many times, but its still a temporary thing.

If you need posts to be edited or deleted, PM one of the mods and we'll take care of it.

User avatar
Posts: 3753
Joined: January 2013
Location: Missouri
Couldn't really find anything on this; does anyone know if NolanFans is supported by the Tapatalk app for Android? I don't want to spend the money on it if it's not.

User avatar
Posts: 17502
Joined: May 2011
BroskiSabor wrote:Couldn't really find anything on this; does anyone know if NolanFans is supported by the Tapatalk app for Android? I don't want to spend the money on it if it's not.
I'm not sure if it is or not, but the site works fine for me just using my browser on my Android device.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

User avatar
Posts: 3753
Joined: January 2013
Location: Missouri
DoubleD wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:Couldn't really find anything on this; does anyone know if NolanFans is supported by the Tapatalk app for Android? I don't want to spend the money on it if it's not.
I'm not sure if it is or not, but the site works fine for me just using my browser on my Android device.
Yes, it does work, but requires a lot of zooming and the browser really kills battery life. Would be great to go through a dedicated forum interface. I believe it's free for the admins to set up, maybe they can look into it?

User avatar
Posts: 8282
Joined: May 2012
Location: The Island, NY
I would like to have something like a "Tomato-Meter" for films in the Entertainment Section.

User avatar
Posts: 649
Joined: July 2012
Sorry don't know where to ask this, please add The Dark Knight Rises screenshot gallery soon.

User avatar
Posts: 4004
Joined: January 2009
Location: Cupertino, CA
We're working on getting the new site launched, and fleshing out the new features over the next couple weeks. Screenshots after all that is done.

Locked