Does 'Oppenheimer' finally tell us that Nolan isn't a Tory?

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
LelekPL wrote:
August 11th, 2023, 12:13 pm
Pratham wrote:
August 11th, 2023, 1:40 am
the fuck is this thread
Nolan's MAGA crowd in full meltdown and denial that he's leftist.
Jesus Christ xD One sided view for the world is the worst.

MaxContract wrote:
August 11th, 2023, 11:25 am
LeoCobb wrote:
August 10th, 2023, 10:54 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 10th, 2023, 4:45 pm
... wait so this is not a meme, people actually ever thought Nolan was conservative ? wow.
I think Nolan tends to go for more of a nuanced read in his stories rather than preaching an agenda. And regardless, his movies often are about obsessive and overly ambitious men who go through great lengths with their missions at the cost of others around them which is hardly a right wing thought.
Good point. Agree with you. But in my land "obsessive and overly ambitious men who go through great lengths with their missions at the cost of others around them" is how the leftist call the conservatives... LOL.

LelekPL wrote:
August 11th, 2023, 12:13 pm
Pratham wrote:
August 11th, 2023, 1:40 am
the fuck is this thread
Nolan's MAGA crowd in full meltdown and denial that he's leftist.
His films are neither right nor left :lol: Internet people who politicize and overinterpreting everything are the worst. I bet somewhere there is a youtube essay why Jackass is a allegory based on Friedich Nietzsches nihilism.

LeoCobb wrote:
Nicolaslabra wrote:
... wait so this is not a meme, people actually ever thought Nolan was conservative ? wow.
By Hollywood standards, yes... Especially after TDK, TDKR, Dunkirk and TENET (the controversy of non-postponement). Where I live most leftwing people don't like him very much. The people further to the rightwing are always praising his work. Believe me. Here everything is politicized now.
Literally zero understanding how Dunkirk can be seen as a nationalistic or right-wing film. The non-postponement of Tenet is also not his doing.

Per usual it's projecting/looking for issues that aren't there.

Bacon wrote:
August 14th, 2023, 1:30 pm
LeoCobb wrote:
Nicolaslabra wrote:
By Hollywood standards, yes... Especially after TDK, TDKR, Dunkirk and TENET (the controversy of non-postponement). Where I live most leftwing people don't like him very much. The people further to the rightwing are always praising his work. Believe me. Here everything is politicized now.
Literally zero understanding how Dunkirk can be seen as a nationalistic or right-wing film. The non-postponement of Tenet is also not his doing.

I still see people no matter what forum I go to that think Nolan was the mastermind behind forcing Tenet to be release. I see 'he wanted to be the savior of cinema' constantly. I just shake my head.

bootsy wrote:
August 14th, 2023, 4:49 pm
Bacon wrote:
LeoCobb wrote:

I still see people no matter what forum I go to that think Nolan was the mastermind behind forcing Tenet to be release. I see 'he wanted to be the savior of cinema' constantly. I just shake my head.
Yep. Completely a media-made accusation. WB pushed the movie out, Nolan didn't object, and let the media run with the idea that it would "save cinema". And when that didn't happen, they essentially threw Nolan under the bus by letting him drown in the bad press.

Which led to him smearing them when they fucked over their entire lineup of filmmakers in 2021.

Bacon wrote:
LeoCobb wrote:
Nicolaslabra wrote:

Nationalist? Definitely not. But some people here understood it as a more conservative view.

People nowadays are taking right wingers and conservatives as nationalistic.
That's funny and terrifying and the same time.

poplar wrote:
August 15th, 2023, 6:41 pm
Well, conservatives in the US are far-right.

Batfan175 wrote:
August 16th, 2023, 3:09 pm
poplar wrote:
August 15th, 2023, 6:41 pm
Well, conservatives in the US are far-right.
its hilarious to me when US people think Democrats are form the Left, like my man they are still right wing, you`ve just got almost no Left in there :lol: