Oppenheimer - Awards Speculation

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
eescorpius wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 1:39 am
Was Emma's speech really that bad? I haven't found a video of it yet but I don't really see anyone talking about her speech at all?
No.

eescorpius wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 1:39 am
Was Emma's speech really that bad? I haven't found a video of it yet but I don't really see anyone talking about her speech at all?
Not at all. She thanked the entire team as always. Especially Michael Moses (Universal President WW Marketing).

Don't mind redfirebird2008. He is not a serious person.

His whole stick is about downplaying every single thing Nolan does.

His awards and box office predictions are not to be taken seriously.

Emma's speech is fine.

Emma's speech was perfectly fine and a non-issue, otherwise you'd also have to criticize Nolan for "taking a jab" at the CW which is nonsense. This is the Critics Choice Awards, it's not that serious.

And I'm glad Emma's been the one accepting the BP awards, 100% deserved. Happy about all the wins, hopefully it continues.

MyCocaine wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 8:46 am
Don't mind redfirebird2008. He is not a serious person.

His whole stick is about downplaying every single thing Nolan does.

His awards and box office predictions are not to be taken seriously.
Ridiculous comment, no need for personal attacks. I'm a huge fan of Nolan. But I am not aggressive with predictions on anything, period. I really hope Nolan wins big at the Oscars, but I still have a strong memory of them snubbing the hell out of Nolan in the past.

It's very hard to trust the Oscar voters IMHO. If they snub Nolan again, it will be another serious blunder added to a long list of them going back decades. The Oscar morons somehow never gave proper recognition to the likes of Hitchcock, Kubrick, and Peter O'Toole.

Why do people who don’t work on these films and don’t work in Hollywood still follow the Oscars and think highly of it? We have decades of experience that the Oscars represent only represent a tiny portion of the world of movies and their opinion is no more valid than yours or mine. PTA, Scorsese, Fincher, Kubrick and other GOAT filmmakers have never been acknowledged by the Academy. Not being acknowledged by the Acsdemy is no no way a slight. It doesn’t mean that your movie is any less than.

At the end of the day, winning atrophy is an ego boost for the creatives who made the film. It’s in no way a positive or negative to the audience who watch these films. The trophy is literally worthless to the audience.
Last edited by Retskrad on January 15th, 2024, 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

On a side note, I really love how John Krasinski is attending all these award shows with Emily and how he's basically part of the Oppenhomies gang!