Oppenheimer - Awards Speculation

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Oppenheimer is simply too strong. Don't overthink it.

... And another DGA Award nomination.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
January 10th, 2024, 1:56 pm
Demoph wrote:
January 10th, 2024, 1:08 pm
The list of actors included in Best ensemble is so reductive. Like how can Krumholtz or Clarke not be there ? Yeah, I know, it's all about billing order.
I would like the enitre cast up to Remar, Thirlby and Blair to be there!
Happy to see Quaid, Dastmalchian... were invited at the GG afterparty.
Seems wrong to leave out David Krumholtz and Jason Clarke on the Oppenheimer ensemble list. I noticed Color Purple has a million names listed. Oppy had room to list at least a couple more people in there. I would have included Gary Oldman too. Brief appearance, but memorable as President Truman.

EDIT: Josh Hartnett & Tom Conti were freaking great too. I don't understand the politics of this deal. If Color Purple can name 13 people or whatever it was, Oppy should have done something similar. They had a ton of really good performances in Oppy.
Apparently, the rule is that you have to get your own single card in the credits, to be listed there. So anyone who was grouped together with other actors in the credits can't be listed.

MMatt wrote:
January 10th, 2024, 3:42 pm
redfirebird2008 wrote:
Demoph wrote:
The list of actors included in Best ensemble is so reductive. Like how can Krumholtz or Clarke not be there ? Yeah, I know, it's all about billing order.
Seems wrong to leave out David Krumholtz and Jason Clarke on the Oppenheimer ensemble list. I noticed Color Purple has a million names listed. Oppy had room to list at least a couple more people in there. I would have included Gary Oldman too. Brief appearance, but memorable as President Truman.

EDIT: Josh Hartnett & Tom Conti were freaking great too. I don't understand the politics of this deal. If Color Purple can name 13 people or whatever it was, Oppy should have done something similar. They had a ton of really good performances in Oppy.
Apparently, the rule is that you have to get your own single card in the credits, to be listed there. So anyone who was grouped together with other actors in the credits can't be listed.
Yep, it’s a dumb rule.

With Poor Things and Holdovers snubbed at SGA, and Color Purple and American Fiction not getting a nomination at DGA, it looks like it's a three film race for the Oscar now between Barbie, Killers of the Flower Moon and Oppenheimer. However, even though those are the three main favorites, Oppenheimer is still the clear favourite of the three at the moment. If it wins best ensemble at SGA, and best director at DGA it's practically game over and I would be shocked if it didn't win Best Picture and Best Director at the Oscars. However, if Killers or Barbie manages to get an upset win at SGA or DGA, then the race might be closer.

John Mulaney's Governors Awards Monologue

The Oppie gang were here:

LelekPL wrote:
January 10th, 2024, 4:06 pm
With Poor Things and Holdovers snubbed at SGA, and Color Purple and American Fiction not getting a nomination at DGA, it looks like it's a three film race for the Oscar now between Barbie, Killers of the Flower Moon and Oppenheimer. However, even though those are the three main favorites, Oppenheimer is still the clear favourite of the three at the moment. If it wins best ensemble at SGA, and best director at DGA it's practically game over and I would be shocked if it didn't win Best Picture and Best Director at the Oscars. However, if Killers or Barbie manages to get an upset win at SGA or DGA, then the race might be closer.
Producers Guild is important as well. I won’t be shocked if we end up with a split on Best Picture & Best Director, which seems to happen fairly often through the years. I just hope Oppy can get one of them and not be left out.

MaxContract wrote:
January 10th, 2024, 11:37 am
But yeah SAGs are huge. The fact Emily Blunt got in is a pretty convincing show of the awards power this film has.
She was always happening there. They love her.

MMatt wrote:
January 10th, 2024, 3:42 pm
redfirebird2008 wrote:
Demoph wrote:

That's so stupid. There are often cameo appearances from big names that get a single card.