Oppenheimer - Awards Speculation

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Banter wrote:
November 24th, 2023, 9:07 am
666kalpa wrote:
November 23rd, 2023, 2:05 am
Oppenheimer FYC ads are here

This one is fantastic. Right they are.
There's always FYC ad for nolan movies featuring a key scene from the final moments of the film... like these ...

they`ve got a point with the ending, i think its the most powerful to any Nolan movie period and thats saying a lot

EOLB wrote:
November 24th, 2023, 3:39 pm
Universal is really pushing it, having even crew member tour the world, including crew member who are very unlikely to win (make-up and prosthetics seems an easy win for Poor Things).
I think on the one hand, Universal hopes to make more money with the film (film released again in Imax, DVD...), but also they are hoping to show Nolan he should stay with them: they found the way to market his film despite the length and the B&W, to overperform in 70 mm Imax, and are now hoping to get him the awards WB never could.
If they do, it wouldn't make much sense for Nolan to leave Universal for his next film.

The Daniels will moderated the Q&A with Chris at the DGA screening on Dec 5.

They were there already yesterday actually

I’ve never been more anxious for an awards season before 😳 Not even on Dunkirk year.

I feels like Nolan really caught a lightning in a bottle with Oppenheimer and might walk away with 2 or more Oscars to his name. It really is his year. If he doesn’t win this time, I’m afraid it’s game over