Oppenheimer - Awards Speculation

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
I'm a pessimist who never thinks good things are gonna happen, so I think something like Poor Things or the Color Purple is going to win. :?

radewart wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 5:59 pm
I'm a pessimist who never thinks good things are gonna happen, so I think something like Poor Things or the Color Purple is going to win. :?
Things are, lets say, culturally re-shifting.
Academy has a great shot to try to keep some relevancy or keep digging their hole.

radewart wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 5:59 pm
Me too. And it makes me wanna vomit. Because it’ll probably happen.
Some Green Book/Kings Speech shit. 🤮

Just observing the trajectory of awards season so far, I see a three horse race atm. Oppenheimer vs Poor Things vs American Fiction. Killers of the Flower moon seems to be very polarising so my prediction is that it will lead the nominations and it will win 0/1 awards(maybe Lily Gladstone).
I'm feeling quite positive with Oppenheimer(for now...) because I can see it can win at least 2/3 awards of the major guilds. I can see Oppy winning PGA and DGA and maybe also SAG. If it locks all three then we are talking about a clean sweep at the oscars.
We shall see, it's still early!

I do think Paul Giamatti in the Holdovers is flick and performance to not overlook. It is a funny, great little flick that I don't see any Oscar voters purely disliking. It won't be divisive for certain people like Poor Things, KOTM, or eve Oppenheimer can be. Also, Paul Giamatti is well-respected and may have he's due narrative, especially since many thought he should have won for Sideways.

Damn my man is an eloquent speaker.

Oppenheimer FYC ads are here

666kalpa wrote:
November 23rd, 2023, 2:05 am
Oppenheimer FYC ads are here

This one is fantastic. Right they are.